Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23

Old 04-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6spdeg has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23

post pics i wanna see... we can all compare
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by AsianNameTagGrl
what part of my engine bay wasn't clean? it was very clean...you could eat off that bitch. is it b/c it wasn't tucked? or it didn't have chrome all over the place? i mean i dont know what your definition of clean is lol. and what part of my car needs to get painted? the only thing exterior wise that's bad is the door dings.
Yeah fix all the dents and door dings and spray the exterior. Pull the engine and base clear the bay if your really plan on showing it alot. The factory paint is old and never really looks that great even from day one. Base/clear the bottom of the hood when you do the exterior. Pull a bunch of the little brackets and at least respray them black or powdercoat them. Replace all the factory bolts with polished stainless. No need for chrome anywhere in a engine bay. Wire tucking the entire bay is a plus.

I mean heres my hatch i'm selling and I wouldn't call the engine bay clean in it.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM
VERSUS1™

Jermizzle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 6spdeg
post pics i wanna see... we can all compare
jen is EMF so she wins hands down

does anyone even have pix of that red teg?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

ok maybe that's where we got all confused. my car isn't a show car. and apparently my engine bay was clean enough for HIN and it's clean enough for me. if her engine bay and exterior and everything is that much cleaner why didn't you enter it at HIN also?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by Versus1_NSX
jen is EMF so she wins hands down

does anyone even have pix of that red teg?
haha emf son!

no but really post up pics of her car please. i didn't get a good look at it...i only saw it driving by.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by AsianNameTagGrl
ok maybe that's where we got all confused. my car isn't a show car. and apparently my engine bay was clean enough for HIN and it's clean enough for me. if her engine bay and exterior and everything is that much cleaner why didn't you enter it at HIN also?
Its not a show car and was never built for that purpose. The cars not finished right now and still has a silver engine bay to start with. The built motor has not been installed yet. The red integra really doesn't have that much done to it and on a points based judging system that kills you. Clean cars don't win like 6spd said. Quantity wins. How did your car end up placing in the Acura class at HIN?

And most importantly going to the track with my car(not the hatch) > going to HIN anyday.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 69vette
Its not a show car and was never built for that purpose. The cars not finished right now and still has a silver engine bay to start with. The built motor has not been installed yet. The red integra really doesn't have that much done to it and on a points based judging system that kills you. Clean cars don't win like 6spd said. Quantity wins. How did your car end up placing in the Acura class at HIN?

And most importantly going to the track with my car(not the hatch) > going to HIN anyday.
ok so i thought you said the red integra was much cleaner than mine? but the engine bay isn't done? my car didn't place in the acura class at HIN...i can't compete with the emotion integras b/c i dont have thousands of dollars to spend on parts. but i do have some quality parts which obviously impressed the judge.

going to the track and racing is cool for sure...but
winning at HIN > winning at NHRA car show anyday.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:34 AM
VERSUS1™

Jermizzle will become famous soon enough

Clean cars don't win like 6spd said. Quantity wins.
totally disagree...quality wins.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Versus1_NSX
totally disagree...quality wins.
I think it completely depends on the show and how there judging is set up.

At the NHRA show I really didn't see any other quality integra's besides jen's or the red one but neither took first in either teg class. However other cars with rust holes in them placed first in their class simply because they got enough points based on the spray painted interior, having a system, rims, and a few bolt on parts. Cars that I asked why they would even bring that out ended up walking away with first and second in their class.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

LOL at you all talking about the red integra soo much on here. I painted that car for the owner and anyone who knows me knows the quality of the work on the car. So what, they wanted a body kit on the car? Maybe thats what they like? The car is much cleaner then Terry's girls integra. Just because it has a body kit doesn't mean its not clean. The paint is flawless and at least 60 hours went into getting the body kit lines right since they fit like crap the way they come. The car was also color changed the correct way and everything but the engine bay has been based cleared(engine bay will be done shortly when the built motor goes in).
I wasn't bashing on the paint job. Just didn't like the body kit style thats all.

Quick Reply: NHRA Virginia Sport Compact Nationals April 22-23