Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Remember Paul Walker Charity Meet in MD

Old 12-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Anal hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Remember Paul Walker Charity Meet in MD

Originally Posted by Heat
On a serious note, my post about can't tune your car :smh: is a troll bait post. But when you have a bunch of droolers in here like maufag and 92_sr20 whatever who obviously don't know what they're talking about mouthing off, I'm going to correct them.

Sounds like you have half a clue of what you're doing, it's just a little sad to me because I've done a lot of work with those cars and helped develop some of the software for one of the previous ECU iterations. I think anyone who mods an EVO should be able to manage the car themselves, it's more rewarding that way. JUST MY OPINION, your car.
I'd love to be able to go in and write my own custom tune. But at this point I'm not comfortable with it. I've owned pretty much every recent factory boosted 4dr car available. I've watched plenty of my friends try to do shit they didn't know enough about and blow them up. My cars have never been down because of my lack of preparation or knowledge. I take pride in the fact that I'm not to big/macho to admit when I don't know enough and it's time to pay to play.

On a serious note I can't seem to find one other LSX powered RWD evo.... Maybe I'm on to something
Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

If you're dumb or lazy though, I suppose going through the hassle of making arrangements with a 3rd party to do it for you might be easier.
I said it's not a bad idea if you're dumb OR LAZY Right? You don't want to put the time in. I understand that, your time is more valuable than the money you'd save. No problem.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

I'll give you the lazy/no time part. I work 6 days a week. I could spend more time surfing the web for the info I need sure.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

On a serious note, my post about can't tune your car :smh: is a troll bait post. But when you have a bunch of droolers in here like maufag and 92_sr20 whatever who obviously don't know what they're talking about mouthing off, I'm going to correct them.

Sounds like you have half a clue of what you're doing, it's just a little sad to me because I've done a lot of work with those cars and helped develop some of the software for one of the previous ECU iterations. I think anyone who mods an EVO should be able to manage the car themselves, it's more rewarding that way. JUST MY OPINION, your car.
I have no idea how many windows you licked today, but you might want to cut back champ. If tuning a car was quick/easy there wouldn't be an abundance of well known tuners who make a living off it. But hey, keep on ranting keyboard warrior.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM
HAM

Tuning the type of car in question is not difficult if you have a brain and can devote the time to learning it. Tuners make money because 90% of the people in the world are dumb and can't figure it out, and maybe 5% value their time more than learning about their car to do it themselves. The other 5% are legitimate cases where a professional is -actually- needed.

It's not my fault you fall into the dumb category.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:48 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

this thread is quickly filling up with failboats.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

If you have the money to pay a reputable person to tune your car then wouldn't the stupid thing to do be to think that you're capable of doing the same job cheaper than them just because you read a few threads? Penny wise, pound foolish.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Heat fails to realize that you can either spend your time researching hours and hours on how to tune your car and hopefully getting it right on the first try (highly doubt it). Probably get it wrong and have to research countless more hours.

Or spend some money on someone that does it everyday for a living.

How much is your time worth? Heats like a Mexican worker you can pick up at Lowes.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 AM
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

Originally Posted by -JB-
Heat fails to realize that you can either spend your time researching hours and hours on how to tune your car and hopefully getting it right on the first try (highly doubt it). Probably get it wrong and blow the motor and have to rebuild the engine or get a new, and research countless more hours.

Or spend some money on someone that does it everyday for a living.

How much is your time worth? Heats like a Mexican worker you can pick up at Lowes.

Fixed and lol
Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 AM
HAM

Originally Posted by -JB-
Heat fails to realize that you can either spend your time researching hours and hours on how to tune your car and hopefully getting it right on the first try (highly doubt it)
It's a factor of your intelligence level and how much self investment you have in your car. Just because you think it's a better idea to have someone else do it because you're dumb/lazy/whatever doesn't mean that the people who are smart enough (tuning EVOs isn't even hard to begin with) and the people who take pride in being able to modify their own car are doing something wrong. They're doing something right.

Quick Reply: Remember Paul Walker Charity Meet in MD