Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

Skyline Drive Cruise in April

Old 03-17-2011, 04:28 AM
giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR
Cool Skyline Drive Cruise

ATTENTION: The Skyline Drive Cruise has been rescheduled for Saturday May 28th!

VA Rides is planning a cruise to skyline drive Saturday May 28, 2011. There's a good crowd of people going. Yes we know it will be virtually impossible for everyone to stay together on the way there and at Skyline Drive. Thats why we posted the directions on the facebook event page for everyone to see so they know where the are going. Most likely there will be groups of 15-20 cars cruising around Skyline Drive together. Try and stay with people you know and would want to cruise and take pics with.

And for people who haven't ever been to Skyline Drive, its a beautiful place to take pics and a very fun road to drive on.

Anyway here's a link to the event.

Skyline Drive Cruise

IMPORTANT!!!! - READ THE FOLLOWING!!
-Shenandoah National Park requires special use permits for large cruises. The application fee for this is $200! Soooo..... We will not be having everyone go in all at once! We will have groups of 10-15 go in at a time just to be safe. Once the last car has gone in from one group, they will call the first person in the next group for the next group to come in. And so on. This is IMPORTANT! Do not mention you are with a bunch of cars! Doing it like this we aren't a huge cruise but several smaller cruises. Once we get into the park, everyone can do as they wish, but it'd be smart to stay in groups of 10-15.

Last edited by RCE EATR; 05-18-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: postponing event due to rain
Old 03-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Rep ruins lives

Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility Hostility
Default Re: Skyline Drive Cruise in April

That seems fun as hell bro. I'm going to try and make it.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

good deal.....im down to finally meet up with some people..and i drive over Afton nearly everyday
Old 03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
giggity

RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR RCE EATR

yeah its gonna be a blast!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

cavzfan2332 has disabled reputation

is this the skyline drive that is right before the blue ridge parkway?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 AM
giggity

Originally Posted by cavzfan2332
is this the skyline drive that is right before the blue ridge parkway?
yep
Old 03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

cavzfan2332 has disabled reputation

Ah man. I was actually planing something like this with my friends at school. Kinda like friday night stay at this campgroundright before the parkway then drive all the way down the 469 mile road and stay in cabins sat night and just chill. The road looks amazing. I definitely want to drive it sometime this summer.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Wife and I will be attending the Chili Cookoff. Otherwise we would be up for another skyline cruise.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 AM
giggity

Originally Posted by cavzfan2332
Ah man. I was actually planing something like this with my friends at school. Kinda like friday night stay at this campgroundright before the parkway then drive all the way down the 469 mile road and stay in cabins sat night and just chill. The road looks amazing. I definitely want to drive it sometime this summer.
that sounds like fun. a long ass drive but still fun lol. most people i know wouldnt be down for that long of a drive or taking a couple days to do it, so thats why we are just doing skyline on day. you still can get a lot of driving in. the road is definitely a TON of fun. and if you are up for pics, there are a lot of places with beautiful backgrounds for pics.

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Wife and I will be attending the Chili Cookoff. Otherwise we would be up for another skyline cruise.
hope you guys have fun! next time be sure to come out
Old 03-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

I might go... depends if the Laser is put together.

Quick Reply: Skyline Drive Cruise in April