Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Admins: Tapatalk

Old 01-22-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Admins: Tapatalk

Originally Posted by coupey
k well add the plugin and ban anyone who uses the sig, problem solved.
correct.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

Originally Posted by SteveOlicious
http://www.tapatalk.com/

(Thanks to Corey for finding)

Could you guys make this happen? A plug in needs to be installed on the server side.
i highly vote 100x in favor of this!

this is essentially what i was asking about a few months back. i didnt know it was a program already made.

do whatever you need to do, instruct users that sig modification is MANDATORY (or else get a violation...that sound good?)...i want this on my Blackberry

you know based on the Cell phone plan thread that there's a significant amount of data phone users that frequent this site...and i hate BB's "internet browser" on a 2"x2" screen...
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by phyber
you know based on the Cell phone plan thread that there's a significant amount of data phone users that frequent this site...and i hate BB's "internet browser" on a 2"x2" screen...
No, there's not a significant number of mobile users. Less than 5% of the total visits come from mobile devices.

I fail to see how this program will fix that fact that your cell has a shit screen. The mobile style works fine, albeit is very plain. Most features were intentionally stripped out from it, I'm working on adding back the part that some users (namely the mods) have asked for.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

maybe there's not a significant number because its not a productive way to view the site.

this would make it easier for me so that new topics/subscribed topics/etc would come up on my phone like in the Facebook app, instead of trying to convert an html page into something the cell can use, which ends up being a literal 20 minute scroll to get from the top of the webpage to the bottom.

users with iphones might have a different experience, but apps make things easier. hyperlinks would be easier to use/see, as would other info. idk about large pic threads like Dope Status tho.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by phyber
users with iphones might have a different experience, but apps make things easier. hyperlinks would be easier to use/see, as would other info. idk about large pic threads like Dope Status tho.
I like using this app when surfing NASIOC better than using the browser (Safari).
Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally Posted by coupey
k well add the plugin and ban anyone who uses the sig, problem solved.
Originally Posted by nismo
correct.
This.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

i like.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

why cant you add that shit and only make it ava to patrons?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
why cant you add that shit and only make it ava to patrons?
It would be accessible to anyone user who has the app on their phone. I've been using it to surf NASIOC over the last few days and I actually really like it. I like the full screen images and the fact that it loads quickly.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Red is the new green

NoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these partsNoTorque is infamous around these parts

when i browse our server at work using my samsung moment with android. it shows up in the access logs as IE browser hit/ unknown version.....not as mobile phone.

when the employees use their blackberry it shows up as the blackberry OS incoming....so i'm under the belief that smart phones don't show up as mobile browsers especially if they have a full blown inter-webs browsing program.

and yes, i second this functionality...so long as there isn't an annoying message/advertisement tagged onto each post.

Quick Reply: Admins: Tapatalk