Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

can mods read personal PM's?

Old 12-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Default Re: can mods read personal PM's?

Originally Posted by intence
hey ritz, when someone signs up on a forum and logs in, does it record the IP from which they first sign up with and use that or does it continue to log IPs for each time they visit?
It does both. And moderators can't read PMs. I'm sure the admins can if they really want to, but I doubt they do on here simply because........ we don't care.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

damn i guess i gotta use a proxy for that forum haha. the mods put me on 24/7 watch. my fault for doing dumb stuff but ill be back better than ever
Old 12-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

You talking about bimmerforums?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:36 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

nope but im in timeout there for telling kevlar repost .
Old 12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by blah
It does both. And moderators can't read PMs. I'm sure the admins can if they really want to, but I doubt they do on here simply because........ we don't care.
blah is correct on all accounts.

Your IP is stored when you register and when you post. Administrators can "sort of" read PMs. The only reason we can is because we have access to the database, doing so would require manually browsing the database.

However, there are mods you can install for vBulletin that allow admins/mods to read users' PMs. Like blah said, we just don't care enough to do so. Unless we get a court order there's no reason to look at someone's PMs.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:46 PM

well they caught me with my new account even though i used a proxy to create it and used a proxy to browse with it.

i guess ill just rejoin later when they are not on my back.

my fault for being dumb.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Yeah I was kidding btw
Old 12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

Originally Posted by intence
well they caught me with my new account even though i used a proxy to create it and used a proxy to browse with it.

i guess ill just rejoin later when they are not on my back.

my fault for being dumb.
just curious, but what did you do? you don't have to reply if you don't want to.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:14 PM

kinda promoted this website way too much. meatspin.com NWS
Old 12-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

HAHHAHAHAH classic.