Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Ch...Ch...Changes

Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Ch...Ch...Changes

I think a chat applet would be skr8. Unless we don't already have one somewhere.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:44 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
I think a chat applet would be skr8. Unless we don't already have one somewhere.
I've looked into setting up an IRC server, but haven't found anyway to integrate it with the current forum user information.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Free healthcare for all members.

But seriously, how about a legitimate home page instead of getting dumped directly into the forums.

And then have some contributors to post up articles and photos of user rides and events. People are always doing photo shoots, why not take a few photos and make them a full page feature.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Free healthcare for all members.

But seriously, how about a legitimate home page instead of getting dumped directly into the forums.

And then have some contributors to post up articles and photos of user rides and events. People are always doing photo shoots, why not take a few photos and make them a full page feature.
^ We used to have that way back in the day... we had a ROTM (ride of the month) setup.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
I think guns should have their own section other than "other" It seems like over half the items in there are guns.
And the other half is Xbox 360 games & Nike Shoes. Will they get their own section too?

I'm an avid shooter but I really don't think this forum needs to draw any extra attention to the gun trade that goes on here. Back in June at least 2 illegal short barrel rifles were posted up for general sale.

Plus the negative press that would come when some of your retards get into a gun battle at the local car wash over a JDM shift knob with weapons aquired from here.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM
eng
Administrator

Originally Posted by Reloaded
how about a legitimate home page instead of getting dumped directly into the forums.

Sung made an announcement seeing if anyone wanted to contribute content to be on the front page (articles, photo shoots, etc) and I don't think anything came of it. Which is why we still have no "real" homepage, but why the forums aren't the main directory in case we want to have one. So the door is still open for that to happen.

If he doesn't come up with something the next version of vBulletin is supposed to have some CMS stuff so I might use that for the front page.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:38 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

How about the feature that auto re-sizes huge images to fit on your screen and you click to blow em up?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
eng
Administrator

Have an example of what you're talking about?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

hmmm http://www.6crew.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8016
Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
nortaP

Originally Posted by eng
Sung made an announcement seeing if anyone wanted to contribute content to be on the front page (articles, photo shoots, etc) and I don't think anything came of it.
I think something like a Wiki would be far too open ended given the kind of juvenile asshattery that occurs sometimes.

But perhaps if you had a core group of users that could submit articles and photos the page could easily be maintained.