Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section

Old 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section

I sorta agree with you. There is just something tugging at the back of my mind saying its not right, for us as a community (car enthusiasts), with the negative image that the general public has of us as it is already, to pat someone on the back for posting a thread about street racing. Even by calling the story "fictional", it doesn't really change anything. Maybe others see it differently.....
Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
I think the section is dumb anyway. Street racing isnt cool, its straight up stupid. For one, its illegal! Seriously if anyone where to get hurt from Street Racing, me and everybody else would have no sympathy towards that member. To me it was created to get ego's going about their cars, FAIL. Street Racing to me is one of the worse sections on this site and it needs to go.
Well, while it's here what are your thoughts on my suggestions for change? Do you think they would be helpful just to clean it up in the short term? How about my suggestion for allowing track callouts? I think that'd show that Drive wants to bring it in off the street.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Honestly, it just needs to go, like chris said the image of all of us car enthusiast is always the worst, and giving positive feedback for something thats illegal/dangerous is plain wrong.

I mean if you want to start a track gig, post something in your regional section and say whatever there. set it up there. not in road kill.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
I sorta agree with you. There is just something tugging at the back of my mind saying its not right, for us as a community (car enthusiasts), with the negative image that the general public has of us as it is already, to pat someone on the back for posting a thread about street racing. Even by calling the story "fictional", it doesn't really change anything. Maybe others see it differently.....
I think it changes the way people look at Driven and what it stands for and more to my point- it'd make it easier for mods to slap the people on the hand who are cluttering up the threads by using them as a platform to preach from. I am a track person and a member of RASR- racers against street racing but I enjoy reading a few "fictional" war stories here and there. These people aren't being nice- they are telling the posters to die and turning it into a free-for all. The shit-fest needs to stop. Just read the story and add your productive comment or goof off but don't be nasty until the section is gone. If you want it gone- try to get it removed. I just want it reformed. If anyone has any suggestions for reforming it I'd love to hear them.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Honestly, it just needs to go, like chris said the image of all of us car enthusiast is always the worst, and giving positive feedback for something thats illegal/dangerous is plain wrong.

I mean if you want to start a track gig, post something in your regional section and say whatever there. set it up there. not in road kill.
Grudge match, not track gig. Callouts.

Hmmm, did ALL4SR'S stop talking to me because I'm a girl. Maybe it'd help him to know that I'm a girl with a hideously well-built SC300.

Last edited by shonanspeed; 03-12-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by shonanspeed
Grudge match, not track gig. Callouts.

Hmmm, did ALL4SR'S stop talking to me because I'm a girl. Maybe it'd help him to know that I'm a girl with a hideously well-built SC300.
lolz, no, i posted something just joking around and it got deleted

and ohh my.....pics, in eye candy...right now
Old 03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

It's possible that it might be going away very soon.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Originally Posted by Jay
That wouldn't surprise me, however it's not what I was lobbying for and I'm against scrapping it. I think it needs stricter rules- I like the 3 day rule but I think we should sticky a "best of" thread.
Kills are FUN to hear about and write about but must be tough to moderate.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Jay
the idea of turning into strictily a track only grudge match would be more fun.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Good suggestion- there are tons of tracks around here! More safe- less fun though! Just needs more attentive moderating and much stricter rules to allow the moderator to be able to do his job without pulling out his hair.

Last edited by shonanspeed; 03-12-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section