Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

dark/black background

Old 01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
hostgator.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default dark/black background

Could you guys please make a darker background for the site, make it a VB Style or somerthing. I'll post information on how having 3 tubes inside of the monitors on full blast causes eye damage if you'd like.. Among other things, migraines, etc.

Please.

Dont make me go blind.

Having webpages/documents emulate paper was a completely idiotic thing Microsoft decided to do while bored one day.

Yes I can turn down the gamma and shit, but all you have to do is make 3-4 backgrounds black, or dark grey, and your done.. White backgrounds are the devil.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: dark/black background

tried vb3 style?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:56 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

yeah its still pretty light.. a little better though. im starting to get migraines everytime I goto a webpage with a white background.. working on computers too much.. I think it started from reading Ebooks in Word, but then I realized I can read them in Adobe and change the background to black.. its amazing how much better it feels to look at a black background while reading..

Ive got my gamma/brightness turned all the way down.. still the whole time.. bah, guess it doesnt bug anyone else
Old 01-23-2005, 11:04 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

That's odd. I'm just the opposite. I browse the G2IC forums periodically and the black background really bothers my eyes. So much so that I almost dread going there for info.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

When I get some free time, I'll look into making a dark background style or something.

To be honest though, if it's that much of a problem, you maybe might want to get it checked out (your eyes, that is)?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
hostgator.com

Originally Posted by dave22
That's odd. I'm just the opposite. I browse the G2IC forums periodically and the black background really bothers my eyes. So much so that I almost dread going there for info.
I went there to check it out and I think its the bright red that really does it it bothered me too.

Goto www.tidewaterracing.com and click forum and tell me if that bugs you. Really dull site but its great on my eyes. No "piercing" colors or anything

I really like sites that are black backgrounds w/dark grey or just grey writing. I do that when I read documents now.

Soul; yeah my eyes are fucked from working on computers. I should really change majors but its too late. Thanks for looking out though
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

You're right. It must be the contrast that bothers me. The Tidewater Racing layout is definitely more relaxing.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 PM

02StratusSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea. I tend to highlight everything i'm reading so it has that blue background and white text, works well.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:47 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Something like this?

Forum Home
Forum Display
Postbit
Old 01-27-2005, 08:22 PM
hostgator.com

Yeah man that looks like it works good.

MIght be a little better if grey was used instead of white though, less contrast, but if you can do either that'd be awesome

Quick Reply: dark/black background