Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

DragVA Banner Design Contest!

Old 12-29-2005, 01:55 AM
sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: DragVA Banner Design Contest!

Originally Posted by GIO
LOL! Smartass! Sorry... The pictures were not hosted so we wouldn't run into the problem of people reading and joining just to win the contest. That way members would have a better chance to contribute and win this contest. If running a contest is such a big deal here than I guess we just wont do anything nice anymore.

If you do not have anything to submit or contribute a legit question that is on topic please keep it to yourself and move on. If you have an issue with this use the PM function.
Makes sense!

For those that aren't forums whores and don't know how at least VB works, when a file is attached through the boards, it is unviewable to non members. So I think this was a very good move on GIO's part.

GIO
Old 12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
What's the file size limit? This is important because we can't have submissions that are too large (file size-wise) that nobody can use because of loading time.
so uh.. yeah. this is kind of a big question that needs an official answer.

i really don't want to deal with looking at submissions by you jackasses that will do the entire thing in flash then give us a damn .gif file that's 5 megs in size.

unless I get an official answer, I'm just going to throw out there that you gotta keep it under 70k.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

kgard is an unknown quantity at this point

good contest.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
GIO
Registered Member

GIO is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a couple questions on wait should be incorporated for the text of the web banners, and honestly this is up to you. What is DragVA to you? Of course we need to include "www.dragva.com" and maybe something about being "VA largest car enthusiast web community". Other than that we mean animated as in a moving picture not "anime style" but if thats the way you want to go about it go for it. 70K sounds like a good size if its a tad bit bigger but looks good submitted and managment will decide to keep it or not. The larger banner of course will be a larger file size. But keep on submitting. If you need hosting let me know and I will upload to my server for everyone to see.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I really want to give this a whirl but I really don't have a lot of experience doing animated banners.. I might pull up cnet and see what I can find and give it a shot. Doesn't look like there are many submissions. Any preference on color scheme or anything?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
GIO
Registered Member

GIO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I really want to give this a whirl but I really don't have a lot of experience doing animated banners.. I might pull up cnet and see what I can find and give it a shot. Doesn't look like there are many submissions. Any preference on color scheme or anything?
Anything goes here...we are looking for something fresh. New idea's! If you want to keep the blue color thats cool too. Most of us like the color of the present DragVA.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:54 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

lol..

Any suggestions on a program to use? I downloaded a few free shareware apps from cnet/downloads and they're basically template crap. I don't have a problem with ideas, or with creating the graphics--at all.. but don't know of any specific applications where I can put the image, the thought, and the animation all together.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
wub wub wub wub

Old 01-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Unconfirmed User

BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2

there was some more... but i had to take it out in order to make it the required size.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Unconfirmed User

BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2 BlewMR2

Quick Reply: DragVA Banner Design Contest!