Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Fs/wtf boards

Old 01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Fs/wtf boards

ok heres the situation. alot of people come here just to use the fs/wtb boards as we all know. well there is a lot of threads that are started that just take up space and get locked.

why dont we force them to read the rules and click a lil agree box before they are aloud to post in the fs section? like make it so when they click on the fs section it redirects them to this agreement and they cannot post unless they agree to the rules and the punishment if the rules arent followed.

this is just an idea cause i know even though the rules are posted alot of people do not read them. this way they would have to atleast scan through them.

**edit ** and its suspposed to be fs/wtb boards
Old 01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
JJS! Apply within.

yng_drgn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fs/wtf boards

nice idea, but most idiots will just agree and not read it
Old 01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by yng_drgn
nice idea, but most idiots will just agree and not read it

then the mods will have it on record that they agreed and if they do fuck up they will have to deal with the punishment.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats sheer brilliance
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Or maybe you could make a small test? Atleast that'll deflect those who can't type and can hardly read.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:17 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
then the mods will have it on record that they agreed and if they do fuck up they will have to deal with the punishment.
Since when does anyone need to have it on record that anyone agreed to the rules to punish them? There's an agreement when you first register that you have to agree to, and you're basically signing away your soul for DragVA admin to do whatever they please with it. If you screw up, you're gone.

I'm not sure if something like this will really help clean up the garbage in the classifieds. I applaud your thought, and effort, but I'm not really sure if that would do the trick as far as just giving someone a box to check or rules to read.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:30 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

i think we should have a system like other forums that i use, they have a minimum post count requirement for you to use the classifieds. if they catch you trolling and making pointless posts, you get punished.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by EclipZ
i think we should have a system like other forums that i use, they have a minimum post count requirement for you to use the classifieds. if they catch you trolling and making pointless posts, you get punished.
I know this was sort of summed up by the end of your post, but if you make a minimum post count, that's just going to move the garbage posts and spread them out all across the forum so that people are able to get into the classifieds. It's been effective on other forums, but the only people it's really going to stop is the handful of lazy idiots that aren't willing to post jibberish in other forums to increase postcount, or the idiots that post jibberish so that they can get into the classifieds by increasing their postcount. It's a catch 22 though if you ask me.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

yes but i doubt they would be able to make it to about 50-75 posts of posting jibberish before they get caught and smacked with the ban stick.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

i say that when new users register to use the FS/WTB forums, they have to take a test like "kyleVA" said..

but like dont tell them there is a test, like post it in the middle of the forums rules"there will be a small test following your aggrement" or something..

that way they dont know, and if they fail the test, they cant take it over, and there name that they made is IP banned and can not make another name or something like that...

...just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: Fs/wtf boards