Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

New server issues?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM
supermoto or bust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones
Default Re: New server issues?

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Why would we do that?

We don't plan to change any of the above, or the patron pricing, or anything. We're not adding moderators, or removing moderators either.

cheers,
robb
Hey everyone!

I want to say thanks to Sung for all of the work which he's done to help in this transition.

The rest of you peeps probably want to know a bit more about me, so here goes.

I’m robb, aka ‘astro’ from AcuraZine. I helped start that site with a friend (soopa) way back in late 1999. We started a site (acura-cl.com) about a car that wasn’t even on the market yet. The 2001 Acura CL Type-S. Together we built that original site up, into what it is today, the largest Acura Resource on the internet. We sold the site to Internet Brands in late 2006/early 2007. Soopa transitioned away from the site, he had started a family, moved across the country, and was entering a new career.

I stuck around, and have been slowly increasing my role with Internet Brands since then. Going from 1, to 2, to 10, to the 100 something sites I am responsible for today.

I will be VADriven's direct link into all things Internet Brands. What that really means, is that I'll be working silently in the background to support the efforts of Brian and your entire moderator team as they continue to run the community as it's always been done.

I can assure you that none of us, have any intent of changing the make-up of the site. This means no staff changes on our behalf, and no vendor changes if possible. Our accounts team has reached out to each of the vendors right already, introducing themselves, and explaining what we have to offer each of them. In reality, most of the vendors here, already have relationships with us, on other communities.

In terms of the servers, we intend to have VADriven up and running on our own servers by the end of the week, once we're onto IB hardware, we can begin to look at feature additions the community might like to have. We have some cool products of our own, including a search tool, and a pretty well improved photo album viewer. I think everyone will agree!

I am feeling long winded, but I definitely invite you to participate in this discussion, let us know your thoughts, ask us any questions you have.

I really look forward to learning a lot more about your vibrant community in the years ahead.

cheers,
robb
Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Welcome to the death of VaD... IB sucks up every forum on the web, pumps them full of advertising and kills whatever it wa that made the forum popular in the first place.

RIP DragVa
Hey everyone!

I want to say thanks to Sung for all of the work which he's done to help in this transition.

The rest of you peeps probably want to know a bit more about me, so here goes.

I’m robb, aka ‘astro’ from AcuraZine. I helped start that site with a friend (soopa) way back in late 1999. We started a site (acura-cl.com) about a car that wasn’t even on the market yet. The 2001 Acura CL Type-S. Together we built that original site up, into what it is today, the largest Acura Resource on the internet. We sold the site to Internet Brands in late 2006/early 2007. Soopa transitioned away from the site, he had started a family, moved across the country, and was entering a new career.

I stuck around, and have been slowly increasing my role with Internet Brands since then. Going from 1, to 2, to 10, to the 100 something sites I am responsible for today.

I will be VADriven's direct link into all things Internet Brands. What that really means, is that I'll be working silently in the background to support the efforts of Brian and your entire moderator team as they continue to run the community as it's always been done.

I can assure you that none of us, have any intent of changing the make-up of the site. This means no staff changes on our behalf, and no vendor changes if possible. Our accounts team has reached out to each of the vendors right already, introducing themselves, and explaining what we have to offer each of them. In reality, most of the vendors here, already have relationships with us, on other communities.

In terms of the servers, we intend to have VADriven up and running on our own servers by the end of the week, once we're onto IB hardware, we can begin to look at feature additions the community might like to have. We have some cool products of our own, including a search tool, and a pretty well improved photo album viewer. I think everyone will agree!

I am feeling long winded, but I definitely invite you to participate in this discussion, let us know your thoughts, ask us any questions you have.

I really look forward to learning a lot more about your vibrant community in the years ahead.

cheers,
robb
Not sure why you feel we ruin communities, that's hardly a way to get a return on the investment made to purchase one. Did you read that I started a community which IB bought in 2007? Why would I work for a company if they ruined my community? They didn't do anything negative to it at all.

I have been in my current role at IB for nearly 2yrs, and I've lead the process for our last 15 or 16 acquisitions. None of those communities have been harmed in the manner you describe.

cheers,
robb
Yeah, we don't allow any advertiser to use pop ups on our communities. if it's happening, they are being sneaky. Please try to capture the click through URL of ads like that, and send to me for removal.
Who are you trying to kid, Robb?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 PM
supermoto or bust

STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH LOADING ON MY PHONE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, ROBB?!?!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
supermoto or bust

Originally Posted by GATOR
Pretty sure it was to make the point that this thread serves no purpose and is going no where.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

thread indexing is sucking donkey dicks. fix that shit.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

CHEERS!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

I keep getting the page to load fully to the left of the screen sometimes. Shit is annoying.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Database error = no bueno

I'd like a refund on my patron status for 15 minutes. kthx<3.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

servers hosting the .info domain are fucking up. cheers.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:46 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

all sorts of effing up

Quick Reply: New server issues?