Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Offensive Avatars

Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 AM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Re: Offensive Avatars

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Actually, it seems that Steve-o has had a chip on his shoulder ever since the new mods were announced, but in the end, it doesn't really matter.

When we do a horrible job, we're quick to be called on it by sung, soulDistortion or the other mods and are corrected.

If you just don't like how we do what we're doing, then that's a matter of a opinion, and you are entitled to think as such, just as others are entitled to think you are just bitching because your underwear is too tight.
Tim you are one of the guys i think is doing a great job. Everytime you have had to delete or edit something of mine you have pmed me and given me a reason or asked me to delete it.

I thought that the mods were susposed to be the "parents" of the forum, and be the most responsible people here. There are some post by some mods that are worse then some noobs. The post are totally pointless to threads and bring no help or insight on what the thread was created for.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:39 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Actually, it seems that Steve-o has had a chip on his shoulder ever since the new mods were announced, but in the end, it doesn't really matter.

When we do a horrible job, we're quick to be called on it by sung, soulDistortion or the other mods and are corrected.

If you just don't like how we do what we're doing, then that's a matter of a opinion, and you are entitled to think as such, just as others are entitled to think you are just bitching because your underwear is too tight.
Just don't agree with how the new mods run things. If you guys are trying to make the site better, then make it better. The whole "that post/thread shouldn't be -- delete/lock!" way of doing things does nothing to help the site, instead it puts everyone on gaurd.

If you expect to put this site on the track of strictly cars, then good luck. It will fall off in due time. The scene as we know it is hanging out and having fun, and if you take that away then you have the hard core people who don't post here. Add that together and you have useless server space.

And Tim, no chip on my shoulder. Just annoying when some one tries to help out and you all think you have something to prove and don't listen.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:47 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Thank you Matt for a reponse that made a lot of sense. I commend you for that. Instead of, Steve-O has had a chip on his shoulder...

I could have cared less until I had a post deleted that should not have been deleted.

That post was about a picture posted and I asked why it was shot like that.

Did it offend any one? Nope.

Did I talk shit? Nope?

I asked a question, and it got deleted. No reson as to why.

If shit like that is going to continue, then it's going to piss me off.

And I do apologize for calling everyone out, but look at it from my point of view:

If you don't tell me who did it and why, then all I know is it was a mod so I will call all mods out.

Sorry that one has to make it that way for the others.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
sup

I have one posted one thing that John deleted and he PMed me and let me know. I was going around the word censor, I did something wrong, I don't car that it was deleted. And he was decent enough to let me know.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

That's completely understandable. Like I said in the other thread:
Originally Posted by blah
I, personally, like to see what the moderation is doing. I never liked being in the dark wondering wtf just happened and why.
That's why I, personally, like to leave it out in the open for a hot minute so everyone can see what's going on and why.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Since this thread is bound to be under scrutiny now, I feel compelled to clarify that I don't think there's anythign "wrong" with things now, it's just different, and it's taking some adjusting from the guys who use the forum the most and have been here the longest. We got out of control, and by "we", I certainly do include "me". Who was there to stop us at the time? And more importanatly, who was around to diffuse shit before it pissed "us" off?

Now that there is moderation, like ever other functioning forum this big out there, it's making some people uneasy, which is understandable. Do I like all of it....no, there are some things that I feel don't fit with the personality if THIS forum, but it's not enough to run me off.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 AM
sup

Originally Posted by MerF
Since this thread is bound to be under scrutiny now, I feel compelled to clarify that I don't think there's anythign "wrong" with things now, it's just different, and it's taking some adjusting from the guys who use the forum the most and have been here the longest. We got out of control, and by "we", I certainly do include "me". Who was there to stop us at the time? And more importanatly, who was around to diffuse shit before it pissed "us" off?

Now that there is moderation, like ever other functioning forum this big out there, it's making some people uneasy, which is understandable. Do I like all of it....no, there are some things that I feel don't fit with the personality if THIS forum, but it's not enough to run me off.

Anyway, that's just my $0.02.
I guess my thing is, I guess I don't understand where this site is really "trying to go"
Old 03-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I've done my job just like I've been told to do it. I mean Steve I moderate on one of your boards, so if you have a problem with me personally I don't really see why you'd let me be a moderator there. Sometimes when I lock/delete things I am a smartass, but it's usually because it's so blantantly obvious that it should be locked/deleted. Usually the thread originator will get a PM in regards to why the action was taken if it isn't very clear.

And the whole changing my avatar to the nail/finger thing was just something to mess with you guys.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by blah
I'm trying not to do that as much. I hold back so much because I feel it’s not appropriate for a moderator of a forum to say something like that.
I don't agree with this statement. I mean, just because somebody becomes a mod, doesn't mean they have to completely change their "personality." Cause, to me, it seems like some new mods have gotten the, "I'm better than all of you," attitude. .02 done.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by s.morgan
I guess my thing is, I guess I don't understand where this site is really "trying to go"
Basic plan:

-Focus more on the automotive aspect, which is the core of the site
-More on-topic with posts in threads
-Friendlier for everyone