Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Offensive Avatars

Old 03-07-2006, 09:23 AM
sup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: Offensive Avatars

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Basic plan:

-Focus more on the automotive aspect, which is the core of the site
-More on-topic with posts in threads
-Friendlier for everyone
Then I would work on the friendlier thig really hard since 99% of us are assholes. And newbs can really take us the wrong way.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by ritz
I've done my job just like I've been told to do it. I mean Steve I moderate on one of your boards, so if you have a problem with me personally I don't really see why you'd let me be a moderator there. Sometimes when I lock/delete things I am a smartass, but it's usually because it's so blantantly obvious that it should be locked/deleted. Usually the thread originator will get a PM in regards to why the action was taken if it isn't very clear.

And the whole changing my avatar to the nail/finger thing was just something to mess with you guys.
I didn't care about the avatar, I jsut posted becauseI was bored.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by s.morgan
Then I would work on the friendlier thig really hard since 99% of us are assholes. And newbs can really take us the wrong way.

Word. Friendlier for everybody? I don't see that happening anywhere NEAR soon. The plethera of assholes on this site is pretty much what makes it tick.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
Tim you are one of the guys i think is doing a great job. Everytime you have had to delete or edit something of mine you have pmed me and given me a reason or asked me to delete it.

no one has pm'd me..........
Old 03-07-2006, 09:27 AM
sup

I guess since I spend all of my time behind a computer, unless it is the weekend, I see all of these things more. From 0600-1430 I am at a computer. I then go home and work on my forum, and then from 1800-2200 I am on a computer at school, not really online as much this term because it is hands on. Then I go home and do reseacrh for class online/surf until about 12am.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

It's hard for me to moderate during the day as well seeing as how I'm on the road from 8:30-4:30 with occassional breaks here and there.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Assassin
Word. Friendlier for everybody? I don't see that happening anywhere NEAR soon. The plethera of assholes on this site is pretty much what makes it tick.
I agree.

Most of the people who join are quickly run off.. but I guess you guys either have to decide if you want to keep the loyal users/posters that have been around, or if those people are worth sacrificing in order to bring new people in.

I don't think the overall environment is ever going to truly be "nice" for everyone, period. It's not a bad idea, I just don't think it's going to be possible to create that environment from the way things were before. You know? Either the oldies will leave in order for new people to come, or the newbies will be run off and the oldies will stick around. I hope there's a way to maintain a good ratio of both at the least so that we can continue to grow without losing anyone.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Assassin
Cause, to me, it seems like some new mods have gotten the, "I'm better than all of you," attitude. .02 done.
I've always been better than you and I've always had the attitude to accompany it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
sup

And another thing, no matter how nice and how strict. You are always going to end up with a group that are the regulars and newbs not posting. DJForums is a great example, same type of group as here (minus the assholeness) and 18,000+ members and 250+ guests everyday. If you want it to be more car oriented, it should have been founded that way.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by blaxican25
I've always been better than you and I've always had the attitude to accompany it.
Hmmmm......nope. Not at all really.