Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Suggestion: Can we make Serial numbers mandatory int he FS section?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 PM
eng
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Suggestion: Can we make Serial numbers mandatory int he FS section?

Originally Posted by vmspionage
The point is that it will make it easier to locate stolen property and to help driven keep stolen property from being exchanged on this site. If you are trying to locate something that was stolen would it be easier to search for your serial or have to contact every person individually to ask for a picture of the serial? And if it's stolen why would they send it? Seems like a great idea to me.
This is why we're not going to do it ...

Great idea. I think you should go farther and require a photo of the serial number so someone couldn't just make one up. If they can't figure out how to post a picture then they shouldn't be selling shit on the Internet.
So a serial can be faked, whoops a picture can be too. There's no end to it. Locating stolen iPods is WAY beyond the scope of our classifieds. If someone wants to become Sherlock Holmes and search for their stolen stuff, have at it.

In short, this won't be happening anytime soon.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

The point is that it will make it easier to locate stolen property and to help driven keep stolen property from being exchanged on this site. If you are trying to locate something that was stolen would it be easier to search for your serial or have to contact every person individually to ask for a picture of the serial? And if it's stolen why would they send it? Seems like a great idea to me.
Well, I don't know about you, but if my ipod is stolen, I don't know what my serial number is so seeing one is not going to make a huge difference.

Again, no. Too many rules already in the for sale section. If someone wants to sell their product they will provide you with all the good information you need.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Stuck on I-66

TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot

Originally Posted by Paul
Well, I don't know about you, but if my ipod is stolen, I don't know what my serial number is so seeing one is not going to make a huge difference.

Again, no. Too many rules already in the for sale section. If someone wants to sell their product they will provide you with all the good information you need.

iTunes stores your S/N so that you can at least have record of it.

at any rate.. it was just a suggestion.. thanks for hearing me out.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

I could honestly care less if what I'm buying is stolen or not, and ive had plenty of shit stolen from me.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 AM
-Rep Legion

Broke B16 has disabled reputation

We need to do something like Houston-Imports and start taking the F/S section serious on this site.... parts just get thrown around on here so easily.

Heres a random thread on H-I on a motor for sale... you can browse their classifieds section and see they are all like this... http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=518043

If you (admins and mods) would set some guidelines and ACTUALLY STICK TO IT and not just let it fall out to the old ways, it would be a whole lot better for everyone. Instead you just make a example F/S thread to try to show people which does nothing.

I may be on my own here but I would actually like to see the classifieds done right.

Hell, I don't think this site should have any rules... none of them are followed anyways.