Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Thread expiration

Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Lightbulb Thread expiration

Bumping of old threads is an issue. At the bottom of each thread, there is a listing of "Similar Threads" which is helpful as a reference for commonly asked questions and topics to see if it's already been posted/answered before.

Would be helpful to simply auto-lock threads after a certain period of time of inactivity -- say a year. That way, the content is still accessible but the replies are not.

cheers.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon
Default Re: Thread expiration

cheers, mate.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

2nd
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

That's a good idea but there no easy moderating tool for that for us at the moment. We have to go to each thread and close it. If we go to that thread to close it should we also close the similar threads stated for that particular thread ?. In other words it never ends.

Usually Eng does a yearly clean up but I do not know how IB will handle this part.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

Originally Posted by ravenracer
That's a good idea but there no easy moderating tool for that for us at the moment. We have to go to each thread and close it. If we go to that thread to close it should we also close the similar threads stated for that particular thread ?. In other words it never ends.

Usually Eng does a yearly clean up but I do not know how IB will handle this part.
They'll probably handle it by not handling it. Fuck IB! Rise against!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

I noticed a few threads had been straight up deleted and erased, any reason for that?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

Originally Posted by Halfrican
I noticed a few threads had been straight up deleted and erased, any reason for that?
which one's ?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 AM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by ravenracer
which one's ?
Gnarlycharlie4u's smokers paradise thread for one. There was a WTB ad of mine that went missing as well. There was another, but can't quite recall what it was.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Keeping It Real !!

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Gnarlycharlie4u's smokers paradise thread for one. There was a WTB ad of mine that went missing as well. There was another, but can't quite recall what it was.
I do not see any thread deleted that you mentioned. Charlies thread is still there sleeping in the backroom
Living in a Smokers Paradise. PYF: Smoking Apparatuses.
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/back...atuses-359379/
Old 03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Quick Reply: Thread expiration