Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

um ok

Old 05-20-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020
Default Re: um ok

I too loved DragVA the way it used to be. I still do enjoy it, but it's changed too much IMO.

I really do hate to say it, but it seems that in attempting to make this site appeal to the masses, you're pushing away those of us who helped make the site what it is.

I personally think the majority of the mods have done a good job doing what they set out to do, but it seems as though things would've been better if they were left unchanged.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:07 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

I IMed Sung with this thread asking for his input. So hopefully we can see that.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by s.morgan
Let's start by donating. See, the name is pink. Wow...

Then we will start by quoting this:

You know, merely adding input that makes sense in a mature manner in the forum for help and suggestions.
It seems that three of your suggestions are based around your own site. I'm sure sung appreciated your input and will act in accordance to it as he sees fit.

Now, the only suggestion that really pertains to the moderation of the site seems to be the locking of threads. "Get a grip" isn't very descriptive, so please elaborate.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

I have done that throughout this thread. Hope you took notes.
Any input given is noted... not sure what I have done that has been inconsistent, as I will back up any action with the rules.... but I'll keep your suggestions in the back of my head.

Why do you think I want to do this work?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:13 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by blaxican25
It seems that three of your suggestions are based around your own site. I'm sure sung appreciated your input and will act in accordance to it as he sees fit.

Now, the only suggestion that really pertains to the moderation of the site seems to be the locking of threads. "Get a grip" isn't very descriptive, so please elaborate.
I have to run, but I grabbed this quote:

This is my opinion:

"Things have to get worse before they can get better"

The site was never perfect, therefore you shouldn't reference that saying. That brings a sense of, "expect things to get worse than they are." Not good for morale.

You cannot blind side the users by taking away what freedom they have come to know, whether the rules were there before or not. I PMed Sung with a warning system idea, and link to the system that I think would be a benifit to the site.

There are many users on this site, so you cannot send one person a warning (or lock a thread as a warning) and when some one else does it ban them with no warning. There need to be guidlines that all of you must meet when upholding and enforcing the rules. You guys aren't staying consistent with one another.

I think that is the biggest gripe between members so far. It only takes a few moments to say "chill on giving the new guys a hard time." and understand they you may have to say it once to a lot of people, and it may annoy you, but it's going to happen. You should not assume that everyone saw you warn some one else. (again, that's why I enjoy the warning system I sent Sung).

From what it sounds, you guys were asked to do a job with out being told how to do it. That would be like telling you to build a ship without ever seeing the instructions. You have seen a boat, and you will all make one in different ways, and though it may float it won't be consistent accross the staff. So go find the instructions.

I commend some of you guys (mainly Joe, John, GreaseMokey, Jay, and blah) because you have been very mature and not letting your new internet social status go to your head. I left JUSTA EX and black nugget out because I haven't really dealt with them or seen them in "moderator" action.
I think I explained it there but in short, there seems to be inconsistency in locking threads and there should be more guidlines or make us more aware of them if there are.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:16 AM
sup

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
Any input given is noted... not sure what I have done that has been inconsistent, as I will back up any action with the rules.... but I'll keep your suggestions in the back of my head.

Why do you think I want to do this work?
I never singled you out, remember:

I commend some of you guys (mainly Joe, John, GreaseMokey, Jay, and blah) because you have been very mature and not letting your new internet social status go to your head. I left JUSTA EX and black nugget out because I haven't really dealt with them or seen them in "moderator" action.
That's 3 times I quoted myself. Got to go! BBL TOOTLES!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

I never singled you out, remember:

That's 3 times I quoted myself. Got to go! BBL TOOTLES!
As I said before, when I hear Spic, Merrill, Slimsta, or any of the other usuals complaining about the mods, my ears tend to perk up.

<3 have fun.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:55 AM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation

i mean, i think 3/4 of this is hilarious. spic getting banned for doing what people used to do daily (not excluding any of the aformentioned heads of state) makes me giggle.

drag has changed, yes. but uhm, has anyone noticed that its been 4 years since its inception? im pretty sure change is par for the course.

some of the new moderators are having a good old time doing what theyre doing. like john. john hasnt changed one bit. neither have you, jay. tim's still the same arrogant asshole he always was, but now hes doing a job. im down with that. chad hasnt changed, because chad never really posted before becoming a moderator, and he still barely ever posts. joe has changed. ill let that one be. and i dont really know the rest of you. but i think drag is going downhill. but whatever. good things dont last forever. and drag seems to only be as strong as its weakest link right now. and that weak link seems to be the line between wrong and right. nobody really knows where to draw it. take it for what you will. its either going to change or its not. im not gong to request that my account be deleted because of everything because, well, thats just completely dumb. im still going to visit daily like i do now, say my piece in threads like this, browse the other forums, and go about my day as normal. if drag changes for the better, awesome. if not, oh well. ill still be here, just like the rest of you.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:30 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
What is wrong with the site in your opinion. Make a detailed list with specific issues and we'll go line by line and decide the validity of them, actions to take, and we'll get back to you.
We'll start with the first line, and when you can let me know why it was valid and what action has been taken, we'll go to line 2.

Originally Posted by coupey
i got banned for telling fat nick "id tell you i voted for you to yer face" in the survivor thread
Old 05-20-2006, 10:38 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by urvtecs2slo
i mean, i think 3/4 of this is hilarious. spic getting banned for doing what people used to do daily (not excluding any of the aformentioned heads of state) makes me giggle.

drag has changed, yes. but uhm, has anyone noticed that its been 4 years since its inception? im pretty sure change is par for the course.

some of the new moderators are having a good old time doing what theyre doing. like john. john hasnt changed one bit. neither have you, jay. tim's still the same arrogant asshole he always was, but now hes doing a job. im down with that. chad hasnt changed, because chad never really posted before becoming a moderator, and he still barely ever posts. joe has changed. ill let that one be. and i dont really know the rest of you. but i think drag is going downhill. but whatever. good things dont last forever. and drag seems to only be as strong as its weakest link right now. and that weak link seems to be the line between wrong and right. nobody really knows where to draw it. take it for what you will. its either going to change or its not. im not gong to request that my account be deleted because of everything because, well, thats just completely dumb. im still going to visit daily like i do now, say my piece in threads like this, browse the other forums, and go about my day as normal. if drag changes for the better, awesome. if not, oh well. ill still be here, just like the rest of you.
this man is the reason i regular dragva today, and that's the truth.

without leigh, there is no dragva. end of story.