Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

What's the point in locking threads and just leaving them?

Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Awesome.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: What's the point in locking threads and just leaving them?

Originally Posted by blah
Well, sunshine, when I lock a thread, I want the person(s) who fucked up to know what they did wrong. So I'll give them a link and a statement, leave it there for a hot minute, and then move it to the Blackhole. This makes it so we don't get a bunch of 'Why was my thread deleted' threads.

Make sense?
Originally Posted by s.morgan
30 minutes really isn't swift.

Anyways, that isn't my point in the last post, my point was you guys should really handle things better. Send a PM.
I'd imagine the bolded statement means he sent them a PM.

With this board, you can lock a thread and leave it for half a day without many problems, IMO. If you look at most of the forums there isn't a full first page of content that is a day old.

Now, if that changes, then obviously leaving the locked thread there that long would be more of a problem, and we'd have to shorten the amount of time it was left accordingly.

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I'm a moderator on a couple other forums, and when I lock threads, I always leave them there as well. I guess I kind of hope people see a locked thread, click on it, and then learn from the example of others what kind of things won't be tolerated...
Exactly.

As a follow up, I personally have no prior moderating experience, so this is all new to me. It's gonna take some time for me to figure all the options I have and what I can control. There's quite a bit of work to get the board back on track, so give it some time. I think it's heading in the right direction, but anyone sees something we're missing, PM a moderator/admin/super admin or report the post. We'll see it quicker that way.

Last edited by MA-HALF-E; 03-07-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I'd imagine the bolded statement means he sent them a PM.
I imagine by this statement:

Originally Posted by blah
I leave it there so everyone can see it.

For example, the threads today where everyone is asking where the Kill Stories forum went. If they would read that, they'd know.

The forum is like a river. You need to do what you can to keep it flowing and not have as many rocks in the way.
that he doesn't.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

that he doesn't.
Who cares?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I saw that statement meaning this:

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I'm a moderator on a couple other forums, and when I lock threads, I always leave them there as well. I guess I kind of hope people see a locked thread, click on it, and then learn from the example of others what kind of things won't be tolerated...
Old 03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

Originally Posted by BMC
Who cares?
I do.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
sup

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I saw that statement meaning this:
That made no sense.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Okay...so everyone gets the point?

Good.