Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1997 Mazda Miata

Old 11-07-2009 | 07:40 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: 1997 Mazda Miata

Originally Posted by HachiGoesBwahhh
yeah i know what you mean about the conversion. Its a bitch. Ive always wanted to do a celsior build. Shits hot esp with the 2jz but only thing is im assuming everything would have to come off the supra. Which would be pricey. Deff would be reliable though and it is a 4door always loved the toyota sedans. You could always do a cressida build?
Cressida? I don't feel like doing anything that old haha.
Old 11-07-2009 | 08:33 PM
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

As the original owner I can vouch for this car. No corners were cut and I was a receipt nazi. The car is an absolute blast to drive, and it's actually quite practical for what it is. I hope it goes to a good person because this car is worth every penny of 7k. Anybody who as driven it can attest to its value. Elric, glws man, it sucks to see it move on but I hope you get what you are looking for.
Old 11-07-2009 | 08:51 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by rflynn1
As the original owner I can vouch for this car. No corners were cut and I was a receipt nazi. The car is an absolute blast to drive, and it's actually quite practical for what it is. I hope it goes to a good person because this car is worth every penny of 7k. Anybody who as driven it can attest to its value. Elric, glws man, it sucks to see it move on but I hope you get what you are looking for.
Thanks Ryan. I don't really WANT to see it go either. The car is a TON better now that the MSPNP has been installed. Ryan you really need to drive it before it moves on to it's next potential owner. Seriously, PM me.
Old 11-07-2009 | 08:59 PM
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Thanks Ryan. I don't really WANT to see it go either. The car is a TON better now that the MSPNP has been installed. Ryan you really need to drive it before it moves on to it's next potential owner. Seriously, PM me.
That would be great. It's one of those things where you don't want to ask, but can't turn it down. I'll PM you my schedule and see what works. I'll let you test drive my Q45 if you want so you can realize what is going away . I saw it at that Freedom Wash meet when that fight broke out so I left before I said anything. I started to realize what I traded once I moved to a luxury car.

P.S. to any potential buyers: The car was fun with 175hp and that crappy Voodoo2 box, and adding 25 more whp and a more friendly management system makes this a steal.
Old 11-07-2009 | 09:18 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Originally Posted by rflynn1
That would be great. It's one of those things where you don't want to ask, but can't turn it down. I'll PM you my schedule and see what works. I'll let you test drive my Q45 if you want so you can realize what is going away . I saw it at that Freedom Wash meet when that fight broke out so I left before I said anything. I started to realize what I traded once I moved to a luxury car.

P.S. to any potential buyers: The car was fun with 175hp and that crappy Voodoo2 box, and adding 25 more whp and a more friendly management system makes this a steal.
Yeah the MSPNP has made the car a completely different animal. On the Voodoo2 box it was really finicky at part throttle so it was either very light throttle or full throttle, and that was at 6psi. Since removing the MSPNP, doing the MAF delete and upping the boost back to 8psi (oh, the voodoo box also requires me to retard the engine timing...with MSPNP I have full ignition control so it's running almost full advance now so you can imagine the response difference) it has become A LOT more powerful than before. The punch...well, you'll drive it and feel the difference immediately.
Old 11-07-2009 | 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
Yeah the MSPNP has made the car a completely different animal. On the Voodoo2 box it was really finicky at part throttle so it was either very light throttle or full throttle, and that was at 6psi. Since removing the MSPNP, doing the MAF delete and upping the boost back to 8psi (oh, the voodoo box also requires me to retard the engine timing...with MSPNP I have full ignition control so it's running almost full advance now so you can imagine the response difference) it has become A LOT more powerful than before. The punch...well, you'll drive it and feel the difference immediately.
Damn, you got me all excited now. It's probably a good thing I don't have it anymore. I would be wasting it as I always drive in the far right lane doing the speed limit. PM me and let me know what works for you schedule wise since you are doing me a favor.

Last edited by rflynn1; 11-07-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2009 | 09:31 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Hahaha yeah, I guess it would have been a bit of a waste. The car just BEGS for more gas, more gas MOOOAAARRR GAAAAAZZZZ. It's WAY too easy to get into trouble driving it. I'll PM you shortly.
Old 11-08-2009 | 06:33 AM
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

how is mega squirt? Never used it and was thinking about getting it if i decided to go with a turbo app for my corolla. Expensive? User friendly or would i have to have someone else tune it?
Old 11-08-2009 | 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HachiGoesBwahhh
how is mega squirt? Never used it and was thinking about getting it if i decided to go with a turbo app for my corolla. Expensive? User friendly or would i have to have someone else tune it?
http://www.diyautotune.com/

All your MS needs, and the prices are quite reasonable. I went to a Miata turbo dyno day when I had the car and nearly everybody was using the MSPNP. For the most part everybody was tuning themselves. The MSPNP is supposed to come with a relatively good base map to run off of, or if you head over to miataturbo.net there is a member called Braineack who creates maps for the entire board, according to their specs, needs, desires, and pretty much everything in between.
Old 11-08-2009 | 07:25 AM
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

thanks man. Ill check them out when im ready for boost. as for now im doing the all motor thing. lol

Quick Reply: 1997 Mazda Miata