Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Best places to go fishing?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz 82benz
Default Re: Best places to go fishing?

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
If I am not mistaken, they close the gates at dark, so not sure how overnighting would go down. It's a nice park though, and rentals are cheap.
yeah one of the workers told me they can't can't kick you out if you bring your own boat, but with their rentals you have to bring them back by 8pm or they'll call the cops and fine you if they have to bring you out. I like it there i have found some nice fishing spots along the hiking trail that small grave yard is spooky as shit too.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

there's a couple old farm ponds in the reston/chantilly/cville area that are stacked with bass
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Free Candy

::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4:: ::ek4::

Originally Posted by 82benz
yeah one of the workers told me they can't can't kick you out if you bring your own boat, but with their rentals you have to bring them back by 8pm or they'll call the cops and fine you if they have to bring you out. I like it there i have found some nice fishing spots along the hiking trail that small grave yard is spooky as shit too.
I can vouch for that. He is right, as long as you have your own boat you are in the clear. +rep for fishing
Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Anyone been out to lake Anna?
Like 15 minutes from my house. I have only fished on it a couple times though, I am not much on fishing lakes, I would rather do Deep Sea or River.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:49 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

i need to get into night fishing. There is a decent size pond near my house that is private property that i used to fish. ive caught over 30 fish in a couple hours and up to 6.6lbs. The only problem is that security kicks me out every time right away. They used to be more laxed but they have tightened up in the past couple years and i doubt they could see me at night. Im sure theres a couple 7-8lb'ers in there now. But other than that i usually hit the little ponds in Herndon, Ashburn, Chantilly area. Or ill go out on the potomac on my buddies triton.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
i need to get into night fishing. There is a decent size pond near my house that is private property that i used to fish. ive caught over 30 fish in a couple hours and up to 6.6lbs. The only problem is that security kicks me out every time right away. They used to be more laxed but they have tightened up in the past couple years and i doubt they could see me at night. Im sure theres a couple 7-8lb'ers in there now. But other than that i usually hit the little ponds in Herndon, Ashburn, Chantilly area. Or ill go out on the potomac on my buddies triton.

ohhhh shit, i forgot about private ponds, there's one near my house, secluded as shit, i remember seeing BIGASS carp in there before.....thanks for the idea maaaaaaaan
Old 07-29-2011, 08:27 AM
^-^

nck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud of

I live very close to the upper Potomac so I get out a few times a week good amount of bass and even some snakehead.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Forte EXE has disabled reputation

I live right off George Washington Parkway in Mount Vernon. I usually go fishing off the side of the Potomac but I hate catching seaweed all the time. At night, Ill go to the the bottom of Old Towne.

Me and my buddies catch alot of cat. Mudcats, blue cats everything.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:11 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by Forte EXE
I live right off George Washington Parkway in Mount Vernon. I usually go fishing off the side of the Potomac but I hate catching seaweed all the time. At night, Ill go to the the bottom of Old Towne.

Me and my buddies catch alot of cat. Mudcats, blue cats everything.
ohhhh dam, didn't really thing about old towne, what area do you go around there? can you fish all night?
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM
aka GSXR

so at lake occoquan where would you guys recommend for night fishing like along a trail or something? i don't have a boat, so i would just be fishing along the shore or whatever

Quick Reply: Best places to go fishing?