Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Chantilly Area Q's

Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all
Default Chantilly Area Q's

The company I work wor offered me a position in Chantilly. I doubt that the raise that I would receive would make it worth while but i'm entertaining the thought. How much does it cost to live in the area? Would it be worth it to move from the beach to there? I've so far heard that the living costs are expensive as well as crappy traffic. What else should I know?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation
Default Re: Chantilly Area Q's

If you will live in Fairfax or Chantilly I would consider it...especially if you're working for a government contractor. Use the position to get in the door to DC area stuff and then after a year or so maybe hop to another bigger and better job here in DC.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

I lived in chantilly for 11 yrs, its not bad.. traffic can be kinda absurd, if you have a hooked up import watch your back, there are a lot of cops out in chantilly with nothing to do(3 police stations within a 10 mile radius) Pricing for housing is about what yet mang said..well thats kinda the low for apt..most of my friends pay 1200 w/ out utilities.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

well I'm making around 41k where I'm at now. The company offered 43k to move up in that area. From what I have read, it's not worth it as cost of living requires at least a 60k salary if you want to live on your own. I think I'm just going to turn it down.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:06 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Originally Posted by DC97Cobra
well I'm making around 41k where I'm at now. The company offered 43k to move up in that area. From what I have read, it's not worth it as cost of living requires at least a 60k salary if you want to live on your own. I think I'm just going to turn it down.
unless you stay in manassas/gainsville area and drive to chantilly, it wont be worth it by yourself, if you do a roommate thing it will be ok
Old 04-06-2007, 08:40 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

its not worth it at a $2k a year raise. If its a Govt Contractor, it may open up new windows, but its pretty expensive to live up there. I just moved from Chantilly/Herndon to Newport News....its MUCH cheaper to live down here, no snow(i fucking hate snow), and its warmer year round....plus its close to the beach, haha
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Originally Posted by TRU
its not worth it at a $2k a year raise. If its a Govt Contractor, it may open up new windows, but its pretty expensive to live up there. I just moved from Chantilly/Herndon to Newport News....its MUCH cheaper to live down here, no snow(i fucking hate snow), and its warmer year round....plus its close to the beach, haha
no money down there though lol