Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Driver Improvement Courses:

Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
OEM NEON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TMCHTRQ has disabled reputation
Default Re: Driver Improvement Courses:

I got a reckless by speeding ticket June of last year in Loudon County leaving chik one night and the sherriff said he clocked me at 102/55. I had +1 on my driving record before I got the ticket. I had to get a lawyer because of the speed which cost me $1500 and took a Driving Improvment class at NOVA and passed it so I got the +4 pts because from what the intructor said you only get a total of +5 on your license. I got the case continued once cause your granted an automatic continuance the first time around, however the second time I had a lady judge the one my lawyer said we didn't want, we pleaded with the prosecutor and if I served 1 more day in jail the fine would be lower. So all in all i paid like $300 for a fine got like months in jail with 53 days suspended which left me seven days to serve however you only serve half that so I served from Friday night to Tuesday morning. Wasn't that much fun but you gotta do what you gotta do and I took it like a man and served my time, definately won't do that again, I can't afford it and it isn't worth it.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
I<3Turbo

sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts

Originally Posted by TMCHTRQ
I got a reckless by speeding ticket June of last year in Loudon County leaving chik one night and the sherriff said he clocked me at 102/55. I had +1 on my driving record before I got the ticket. I had to get a lawyer because of the speed which cost me $1500 and took a Driving Improvment class at NOVA and passed it so I got the +4 pts because from what the intructor said you only get a total of +5 on your license. I got the case continued once cause your granted an automatic continuance the first time around, however the second time I had a lady judge the one my lawyer said we didn't want, we pleaded with the prosecutor and if I served 1 more day in jail the fine would be lower. So all in all i paid like $300 for a fine got like months in jail with 53 days suspended which left me seven days to serve however you only serve half that so I served from Friday night to Tuesday morning. Wasn't that much fun but you gotta do what you gotta do and I took it like a man and served my time, definately won't do that again, I can't afford it and it isn't worth it.
isn’t over 90 or 100 automatic jail time. I think yours was a little worse than the OP's people get reckless tickets all time I highly doubt he will get any jail time
Old 04-29-2009, 01:00 PM
canibeat.com

kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32

i got 85/55 on 28 not too long ago..but i HAD +10 points on my record...not anymore.... but because of my good record i only paid 200 + court fees. i still got charged...this was on the border of loudoun and fairfax...but i got charged in loudoun..
Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

I thought the max in VA was +5 points? Back in 2003 I got a 152 in 55 ticket on 66 heading back to DC. ( I was on predidential duty and was not allowed more than a hour from DC and I was in warrenton) SO I hauled ass down 66 got caught by a ffx cop. He not only towed my bike on the spot, didnt care that there was a anthrax alarm, discarded my credentials, and left me standing on the side of 66 but gave me a ticket for 182 in a 55 not 152 in a 55 like he said in courtSO... longer story short I was let off of my ticket re-imbursed for my "storage" charge by ffx police from willow run or whoever they were that towed me but gave me a " public apology". It was a good result from a shitty stupid thing I did.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

Originally Posted by rallen
I thought the max in VA was +5 points? Back in 2003 I got a 152 in 55 ticket on 66 heading back to DC. ( I was on predidential duty and was not allowed more than a hour from DC and I was in warrenton) SO I hauled ass down 66 got caught by a ffx cop. He not only towed my bike on the spot, didnt care that there was a anthrax alarm, discarded my credentials, and left me standing on the side of 66 but gave me a ticket for 182 in a 55 not 152 in a 55 like he said in courtSO... longer story short I was let off of my ticket re-imbursed for my "storage" charge by ffx police from willow run or whoever they were that towed me but gave me a " public apology". It was a good result from a shitty stupid thing I did.
The worst part is that slosidick passed me on a 1983 cbr 500 doing 260 and he stopped me! She was on the bike that they used on the chase from the first Karate Kid movie actually.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:25 PM
canibeat.com

kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32

Hmmm u might be right about the points. I had 5 points..then took the course and gave me
5 more.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

31337 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sexy gts
+1
I got a ticket on 95 doing 82 in a 60 in a highway safety corridor. I had a pretty steep fine ($600) but I didn’t get my license suspended or anything. The judge did tell me if I got another ticket in the next year she would suspend my license.

Sure enough I got a ticket in Fairfax six months later. It was 20+ over but the cop gave me failure to obey a highway sign. The judge summoned me to court like a year later lol and suspended my license for 3 months I think. I don’t really remember though because I still drove every day.
lol its only against the law if you get caught.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by kevsz32
Hmmm u might be right about the points. I had 5 points..then took the course and gave me
5 more.
you can only have a maximum of +5 on your license in va.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

you all need to start driving like a grandpa.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 AM
I<3Turbo

sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts sexy gts

Originally Posted by ravenracer
you all need to start driving like a grandpa.
Do you teach a class?

zomg looks I gots me a medal!

Quick Reply: Driver Improvement Courses: