Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Electrical Guru's [ need help]

Old 10-04-2010 | 11:44 AM
Rub my belly

Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.
Default Electrical Guru's [ need help]

Just bought a 94 civic coupe for a DD, and it needs some electrical help.
my gauge cluster doesnt work, and when i turn my headlights on, my corners dont work or stay on and also my taillights doesn't stay on, only when you brake...

anybody can solve this problem, previous owner says its not the fuses,

MONEY TALKS
Old 10-04-2010 | 12:08 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Electrical Guru's [ need help]

Why would u buy that piece? I've been working on car electrical systems for years and wounldnt want to even look at that car. What a mightmare. Good luck
Old 10-05-2010 | 06:52 AM
Rub my belly

Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha. Buddha.

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
Why would u buy that piece? I've been working on car electrical systems for years and wounldnt want to even look at that car. What a mightmare. Good luck
It was cheap, and in good condition. honestly do you think it could be the whole under dash harness?
Old 10-05-2010 | 07:23 AM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

i think ive got a spare OBD1 civic gauge harness in the garage.. lemme look tonight..
Old 10-05-2010 | 07:56 AM
Rub my belly

Originally Posted by camelflage
i think ive got a spare OBD1 civic gauge harness in the garage.. lemme look tonight..
lmk, i might need the whole under dash harness.
Old 10-06-2010 | 04:42 AM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

does not appear to be there still... must have tossed it. sorry.
Old 10-06-2010 | 06:28 AM
Rub my belly

anybody know a place around nova that can check this out?
Old 10-06-2010 | 06:43 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Send a PM to LivinDreamsDC2. He knows hondas inside and out.

He's got a shop in Chantilly, I'm actually going there tonight for an oilchange.
Old 10-06-2010 | 07:08 AM
YANKYMATE!

lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft lbs_ft

I had a 1990 DA that had this problem, or at least a problem along the same lines.

One evening I was driving it, and all the console lights went out, even though the headights were on, and the brake lights didn't work either.

What it ended up being was that water had seeped into the tailight buckets and had shorted out the wiring there. Dried it up, replaced the fuse, and we were all good to go.

I know the previous owner told you that there wasn't a fuse problem, but I would go ahead and check them all anyways. Couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
Old 10-06-2010 | 08:43 AM
Rub my belly

Originally Posted by Junon
Send a PM to LivinDreamsDC2. He knows hondas inside and out.

He's got a shop in Chantilly, I'm actually going there tonight for an oilchange.
cool, i might stop by this weekend if i dont get it figured out.

Originally Posted by lbs_ft
I had a 1990 DA that had this problem, or at least a problem along the same lines.

One evening I was driving it, and all the console lights went out, even though the headights were on, and the brake lights didn't work either.

What it ended up being was that water had seeped into the tailight buckets and had shorted out the wiring there. Dried it up, replaced the fuse, and we were all good to go.

I know the previous owner told you that there wasn't a fuse problem, but I would go ahead and check them all anyways. Couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
a fellow vadriven PM'ed me just a minute ago with the same problem, he took it to tidewater auto electric and they said wires are disconnected under the dash and a bunch of bare wires touching the chassis.

Quick Reply: Electrical Guru's [ need help]