Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Even 1 inch of snow is too much

Old 01-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake
Default Even 1 inch of snow is too much

The lack of driving skill possessed by people in northern va blows me away. every time there's inclement weather all hell breaks loose on the road, and i guess 1" of snow is more than most can handle.

Last night at 230am i heard a real loud crash. looked out the window and didn't notice anything. 10min later as I went to bed i notice alot of lights outside. Fool in a towncar came up the street with maybe 1" of snow on the ground and managed to lose control and hit my neightbor's parked xterra. brunt of impact was towncars front passenger side then spun around n hopped hte curb. They pushed hte xterra forward about 10-12ft and damaged her taillight and bumper. towncar was deff totaled(airbags went off and the trunk no longer lined up on pass side so prolly tweaked frame real nice) and passenger was taken away in an ambulance.

This is a residential neighborhood and at 230am in the snow how to you manage to lose control and hit a fuckin parked car. shits ridiculous. They gave the driver a sobriety test in the middle of the orad which he passed fine.

pics are from my front door through the window, so not the best.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:58 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8
Default Re: Even 1 inch of snow is too much

People here in lynchburg cant drive in the rain...They go crazy
Old 01-09-2010, 05:23 AM
Registered member

jdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these parts

Lol
Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god it didn't hit your van.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
7,433,579 ^_~

loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635 loser635

wats worse is they slow down when going up hill, brakes and all >_>
Old 01-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed

Winter tires. Anyone that drives with summer performance tires has to have a set of winter tires.

AWD + performance winters will get you though any DC snowstorm. I was cutting through 2' of unplowed snow in a car with 5" of ground clearance.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:19 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sea6speed
Winter tires. Anyone that drives with summer performance tires has to have a set of winter tires.

AWD + performance winters will get you though any DC snowstorm. I was cutting through 2' of unplowed snow in a car with 5" of ground clearance.
If you think people are smart enough to put proper tires on their vehicle, you are giving humanity WAY too much credit.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Phil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
If you think people are smart enough to put proper tires on their vehicle, you are giving humanity WAY too much credit.
QFT.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Aight Mr. Smartypants, sir... I drive a 98 EK hatch w/ a boosted z6, w/ OE 14" steelies, its lowered on sportlines, and I live/drive in Roanoke... What'd be the PROPER tire for my car?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Aight Mr. Smartypants, sir... I drive a 98 EK hatch w/ a boosted z6, w/ OE 14" steelies, its lowered on sportlines, and I live/drive in Roanoke... What'd be the PROPER tire for my car?

you know, with those almighty horsepower numbers and jank

Quick Reply: Even 1 inch of snow is too much