Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Fairfax B16 build

Old 07-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Colonel Sanders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usmcbugle85 has disabled reputation
Default Fairfax B16 build

Hey I was just wondering if there was anybody out there in Fairfax who enjoys building engines enough to help me out and show me the ropes. I have a blown B16 that I want to rebuild and Ive never gone that deep into an engine before. Im kinda sick of paying Inline thousands of dollars for labor just for putting nuts and bolts together. If there is anybody out there who has done this before and is interested in meeting up with me and helping me out just let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fairfax B16 build

im in fairfax, what exactly do you need? i can help putting it together if you have the parts, but i cant do the machine work.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Colonel Sanders

usmcbugle85 has disabled reputation

All i have right now is just the blown engine. I still need to get the parts but that is gonna be awhile. i was planning on tearing down the engine taking the bare block to inline to get sleeved and then putting everything back together and taking it back to them to get put in the car and tuned. That is unless somebody has experience doing swaps including the wiring and everything. Im just trying to see if there is anyone in the area who would be interested in helping me out and teaching me how to do this. Im in Lorton at my girlfriends house but I work at Marine Barracks Washington. If anybody wants to help let me know and we can start talking about where I might want to go with this build. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
I am SLOW SON !!

Slepping_H22_DC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by usmcbugle85
All i have right now is just the blown engine. I still need to get the parts but that is gonna be awhile. i was planning on tearing down the engine taking the bare block to inline to get sleeved and then putting everything back together and taking it back to them to get put in the car and tuned. That is unless somebody has experience doing swaps including the wiring and everything. Im just trying to see if there is anyone in the area who would be interested in helping me out and teaching me how to do this. Im in Lorton at my girlfriends house but I work at Marine Barracks Washington. If anybody wants to help let me know and we can start talking about where I might want to go with this build. Thanks.

bro any machine shop can sleeve it don't waste your money there ?? are you going to get it bored over and sleeved or standard bore sleeving ?? anyways my advise is to get alot of zip lock bags and a sharpie for every portion ie valvecover put bolts ect in bag and label it threw the whole swap it sucks going to honda and spending 200 bucks for lost rubber pieces and nuts and shit !!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I am SLOW SON !!

Slepping_H22_DC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by usmcbugle85
ohh shyte i forgot as much as you spend for inline and machine shops to put the motor in and tune it and jack you over you will have spent like 300 to much. You could take that thing to brauning as it sits right now and they would probably rebuild and install it for less than your current plan. e-mail 6spdeg and ask him to quote a price. they are good people and they know there shit. tuned you going like hondata or soemthing ??
Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

putting it together isnt hard. id just recommend ALL new bearings so all that shit dosent need to be measured out to see wheteher its in spec. do it right the first time, while its out of the car. hit me up on aim,my sn is nmem88
Old 07-05-2006, 04:16 PM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

I'd be willing to help. I can help tune if you have the time. I'm setup for uberdata/crome. Just let me know. aim = habes fu
Old 07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Registered Member

goinfromslow has disabled reputation

Theres a couple of machine shops in Manassas their always running specials to out do each other. You should take your block to a machine shop and get them to bore ur block to get the scars out of it, get them to balance your crank and they will custom make you bearing while your there. Also you should tell people when you say help what you mean by it. Like I need you yo help me (for free) or I need you to help me (and I will pay you for your time). That will clear up your thread from people coming to your house will to help and you not having money to pay them if they went it.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 PM
DSMs ruined my life!

DJsilkyjr has disabled reputation

Tomorrow (sunday) ill be ATTEMPTING to put my new h22 swap into a 95 ex coupe ej, anybody trying to lend a hand since im kinda clueless on h22 swaps? lol oh and if u need help with the b16 rebuild i got u, just lemme no when and where...