Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

FULL TIME MECHANIC NEEDED/POTOMAC MILLS-WOODBRIDGE

Old 02-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these partsjdm jim is infamous around these parts
Default Re: FULL TIME MECHANIC NEEDED/POTOMAC MILLS-WOODBRIDGE

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
ASE doesn't mean shit these days. All ASE means is that you know how to fix shit from the 80s. Plus, most people don't realize there are a LOT of different ASE certs. People see the ASE thing on the wall at the shop and have no idea that it could be for tire changing or something like that (is there one for that? I can't remember). All it's for is to create a false sense of security.

It's strange though. The tests actually are decently difficult. At least the ones I've seen. Some of the people I meet that have certs, I have to wonder how they ever passed the test. or were even close, because they fail at mechanics that bad.
go take the advanced engine performance test L1, that one seperates the men from the boys. i have all of mind because i am proud of what i do and it shows my customers im willing to go the extra mile and get certified, does it make me a better tech? hell no. lol oh bty, i'll send you any prospects op.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdm jim
go take the advanced engine performance test L1, that one seperates the men from the boys. i have all of mind because i am proud of what i do and it shows my customers im willing to go the extra mile and get certified, does it make me a better tech? hell no. lol oh bty, i'll send you any prospects op.
I understand what you're saying, I know there are some pretty advanced ones. But your average hillbilly repair guy isn't gonna pass that shit. But he still can hang a ASE cert sign on his wall because he passed the test on brakes or some shit. Ignorant customers don't care what you're certified for, they just care that you say you're a certified expert.

That said I know a local guy that has ALL of the ASE certs. And I've watched him fumble and struggle to diagnose simple EFI stuff on many occasions. He used to call me over to help him all the time when EFI stuff came in. I'd take him a carb in a heartbeat though.. haha
Old 02-23-2010, 08:27 AM
GOT EM!!

EvOzRally7 is on a distinguished road

I gotta PHD in motor swaps does that count

All jokes aside good luck dawg
Old 02-23-2010, 05:16 PM
HAMBONE JONES...

z31kid is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by EvOzRally7
I gotta PHD in motor swaps does that count

All jokes aside good luck dawg
sorry backyard mechanics L1 and L2 dont count here...i had to do it brah..gotta keep it real..lol

but yeah high psi guys is right there are so many different certifications that u need...im looking into efi tuning courses myself...for my own personal benefit and understanding...