Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

got a TICKET and would like to say...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic
Default Re: got a TICKET and would like to say...

wait until that "pre-payable *speeding* ticket" hits the DMV, they'll consider that reckless & dock your license 6pts...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
You're wrong.
Based on what?

yeah, they work on paper. but so do a lot of things that don't work right.

In a perfect world in perfect conditions when used properly they are correct. They also need to be properly calibrated. there are also a lot of things that affect lidar that make it the most inconsistant. humidity, rain, passing through/hitting glass, etc Radar is pretty consistant but still has to be properly used. I forgot the rule about instant on off the top of my head, but there is a law about it, and it is not valid. I will try and find the explanation and post it up.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:48 PM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Reguarless of how accurate the device is that the police use, nothing keeps them from lying and writing you a ticket anyways.

I almost had that happen to me in Manassas Park.
The cop pulled me and said I was doing 10 over and accelerating up a hill. I told him it was impossible because I was coasting in neutral knowing that area was a speed trap.

He then informed me it was illegal to coast in neutral and proceede to write me for that as well. Although after I explained to him how stupid he would look in front of the judge saying I was accelerating up a hill while coasting in neutral, he tore them up and let me go.

With all the problems we have in society today the general public needs to focus on the frivolous things they allow local governments to waste our tax dollars just to drain our pockets further.

When they catch all the thieves, rapists, kidnappers and murderers then they should be allowed to worry about who is traveling a little quick on the highway. On top of that they are also hypocrites because I see those cocksuckers flying down the highway all the time- no lights/siren.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

i lie like hell and play dumb when i get pulled over. it's saved me a couple times gettin reduced from a reckless and getting out of exhaust n front tag tickets.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by H22-T
Also my exhaust is a 3" catless turboback and was loud as shit but he didn't give me ticket for any of my improper equipment.

that is all.
Dodge SRT-4 exhaust systems are straight piped stock if I remember correctly. They don't have mufflers from the factory, just cats. If a cop wrote you up for an exhaust violation, it wouldn't do anything. I used to know someone who had a SRT-4 with stock exhaust, and the cop tried to write him up for illegal exhaust. The guy pulled out the owners manual and showed the officer where it said that the exhaust had no mufflers.

The cop probably knew that SRT-4s don't have mufflers from the factory, that is why he cut you loose without an exhaust ticket. Or, he figured he got you for that speeding ticket, and you were honest with him, so he didn't charge you with that.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 PM
In Hiding?

YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee YellowBanshee

I think a lot of tickets are just bluffing matches around here... For the amount of tickets that seem to be given around here, I very rarely get any ka hits... but have people pulled nearby me all the time... not everyone can have invalid inspection/plates for these pull-overs.. I'm suspicious of any "negotiating" because it probably means they didn't have anything on you....
Old 01-05-2007, 09:35 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by YellowBanshee
I think a lot of tickets are just bluffing matches around here... For the amount of tickets that seem to be given around here, I very rarely get any ka hits... but have people pulled nearby me all the time... not everyone can have invalid inspection/plates for these pull-overs.. I'm suspicious of any "negotiating" because it probably means they didn't have anything on you....
Unfortunately there is a gay law for everything in VA, so its not really that difficult for a cop to find something on you. Or they can always make some shit up, as has happened to me. The charge/code section is clearly written on the summons. If the ticket is written up as speeding at the time of the violation, it is a speeding ticket and that cannot be changed. It be reduced, to say improper driving or dismissed altogether, but it cannot be "upped" to reckless driving.

About lidar guns, they are quite accurate. They are affected by inclement weather to some degree, but that usually tends to effect the gun in terms of range and not accuracy. Most older lidar guns cannot be operated through a window, but many newer models are now able to. Most times though, officers prefer to stand outside the cruiser or park sideways and hold the gun out the window.

Last edited by Turbobrick; 01-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Missin' the LBG

NikkaLB23 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Not Stock
VA State Police uses VASCAR in patrol cars and in the Cessnas.
Not the most accurate of them all so much room for error

Originally Posted by coolme187
i got off a 37 in a 25 a few nights ago. I was being completely honest and he let me go with a warning
I call bullshit .

Originally Posted by Stea1thy
fuck this state/commonwealth, one of the only ones that makes radar detectors illegal, BULLSHIT!

but indeed, even with a detector you need a rabbit
Who cares if there is a ban the ban helps the usage of detectors.

Originally Posted by H22-T
Won't the cop know you're jamming his lidar gun?
Only if he gets a jamming code message.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:24 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

all i can say slow down henro
Old 01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Stuck on I-66

TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot

how about yall just go the speed limit.. everyone and thier grammy knows that NoVA is cop central.

just slow down and there will be no need to "be nice to cops" or all that radar detector nonsense.

Quick Reply: got a TICKET and would like to say...