Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

got a TICKET and would like to say...

Old 01-12-2007, 09:32 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: got a TICKET and would like to say...

Originally Posted by JDM_EJ2
how about yall just go the speed limit.. everyone and thier grammy knows that NoVA is cop central.

just slow down and there will be no need to "be nice to cops" or all that radar detector nonsense.
ding ding.. being nice to cops and respectable will do better for you than being a dickhead.. hell even joke with them.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JDM_EJ2
how about yall just go the speed limit.. everyone and thier grammy knows that NoVA is cop central.

just slow down and there will be no need to "be nice to cops" or all that radar detector nonsense.
RIGHT....
If you don't think they profile certain cars to pull over for speeding or otherwise, you have a serious case of denial.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:45 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Or we could all just sell our cars, dust off those bicycles, and take the bus to work. Then there will be no worries of profiling and bs tickets.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

H22-T is an unknown quantity at this point

court date is coming up. i was wondering if i should prepay the ticket or go to court to see if i can get it reduced to a 74 in 55 so that i would only get 4 points instead of 6 points on my record.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
ïş 300

97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI 97_SI

tell me why, i got pulled over for exhaust in my civic, and a asian cop came, and he's like what swap is under the hood. i was like wtf. he also pointed out the specs of my "loud" exhaust, he knew more about my exhaust then i did.. i bet he drives a swapped engine car off duty..
Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by H22-T
court date is coming up. i was wondering if i should prepay the ticket or go to court to see if i can get it reduced to a 74 in 55 so that i would only get 4 points instead of 6 points on my record.
If you have a CLEAN record, yeah go to court dress nice and speak well. They might cut you some slack or at least reduce the fine. If you already have some violations, forget it just prepay. You already got lucky enough when the cop reduced it.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:29 PM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

H22-T is an unknown quantity at this point

i have -5 points on my record right now. but what is the worse that can happen if i do go to court assuming i don't act dumb.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:44 AM
zOMG street racers!!

IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S IEAT50S

i have -5 points on my record right now. but what is the worse that can happen if i do go to court assuming i don't act dumb.
You waste an entire day without pay (or waste vacation days) and get the same stupid fine.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:16 AM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Yeah they're not gonna like you. Prepay it. The only reason to go is that 0.000001% chance the cop won't show up. But that never happened to me.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:29 AM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

I went to court to fight an exhaust ticket and the cop never showed. You know what happened, i wasted an entire day at court. I had to wait until the judge went through the entire docket to ask about my summons and the judge said that the officer had a family emergency or some bs like that. He wouldn't even dismiss the ticket.........an exhaust ticket, after i had wasted 4 hours in court. He said if i wanted to contest the charge i would have to return on officer's next court date. Should the cop not show up to court, don't count on the ticket being dismissed.

Quick Reply: got a TICKET and would like to say...