Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

h.u. install

Old 12-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake
Default h.u. install

Hey i need some help with an alpine headunit install into my 93 mr2. the radio harness is cut but all the wires are there and i have what each color for the wires means, im just not too good when it comes to this kinda stuff. the alpine has the full harness for a 96 corolla on it nad all its wires are labeled.
Anyone here willing to wire it up? i"ll throw a lil $ their way too. The more experience the better.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

dogg4217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: h.u. install

Originally Posted by hookedup96rolla
Hey i need some help with an alpine headunit install into my 93 mr2. the radio harness is cut but all the wires are there and i have what each color for the wires means, im just not too good when it comes to this kinda stuff. the alpine has the full harness for a 96 corolla on it nad all its wires are labeled.
Anyone here willing to wire it up? i"ll throw a lil $ their way too. The more experience the better.

Thanks
Mike
Where are you located at?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:57 PM
elantra gt hatch

04elantragtScot has disabled reputation

not meanin to rob a thread but i thought i would mention that im looking for someone to help me figure out why my xm radio is whining when i have it on

it gets louder as i speed up

Thanks

Scott
Old 12-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

IntegraC05 has disabled reputation

04elantra, you have a bad ground problem, so depending on how your xm is set up you prob just need to get a ground loop, i had to get one so my ipod wouldn't make that whining noise too, its like a 15-20 dollars. hope that helps

Mike, is the original wiring harness cut up or does it have the adapter and it just needs to be attached?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

nah none of the plugs are still there. if it were just teh adapter that would be no prob. it has the "premium sound" from toyota and up until recently there was no adapter that fit so it had to be cut and hard wired.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Holdin' It Down

MolotovMan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by IntegraC05
04elantra, you have a bad ground problem, so depending on how your xm is set up you prob just need to get a ground loop, i had to get one so my ipod wouldn't make that whining noise too, its like a 15-20 dollars. hope that helps

Mike, is the original wiring harness cut up or does it have the adapter and it just needs to be attached?
Ditto on the bad ground. if you want to try fixing it the cheap way, run a new ground wire form the battery straight to the body, and then run one from the XM straight to the body.

Or just buy a ground loop, and throw it in.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:56 AM
elantra gt hatch

ok, im a newb when it comes to radio / satilite radio installs my friend that installed it for me has now gone back to college so he's unable to check it out for me

so when you say ground loop, what is that? and where would it go?

sorry for the dumb questions
Old 12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

where in nova are you. If you can solder the easy way out would be to find one in a junkyard, cut its harness off, then just match the colors to the wires in your car. If your close enough i can do it..
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 PM
elantra gt hatch

hey Need 2 B, do you think you can come over and look at my xm since you live like less than a mile away? or can i come over there so you can look at it?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

i can take a look on wed. if youd like.

Quick Reply: h.u. install