Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

HANDGUN LAWS in va?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b18c195 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HANDGUN LAWS in va?

[QUOTE=EFB16A;3730031]Want to go? Just call me. You cover half the ammo.

ya man
im a memeber at the one in chantilly. I also got a bunch of free passes too. We will go for sure.

and RJ ya i got couple guns from the gun show last year. Vp still got his gangsta ass 12 guage. That he never fired yet. We will go when you come back to sterling.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+18.2-287.4

Doesn't that state that you are allowed to carry a handgun with less than 20 rounds in it, anywhere. I.E. in your glove box.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

get a permit.. my boy had his out and visible on him and the cop took it away from him and he had to go to court and a whole bunch of other bs just to get it back. theres really no point in having one showing anyways.. its not like its ognna be loaded or anything and if it isnt loaded then why have it on you?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by wayne
get a permit.. my boy had his out and visible on him and the cop took it away from him and he had to go to court and a whole bunch of other bs just to get it back. theres really no point in having one showing anyways.. its not like its ognna be loaded or anything and if it isnt loaded then why have it on you?
Thats a pretty clear violation of his rights and state law.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

GOOD INFORMATION TO KNOW

A Shown in the picture above, there are VA CCW and VA non-res CCW, non-res is issued to anyone with a out of state DL. This is what most military end up with. I'm not sure how mine came back resident.

Off limits Listings
No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in §4.1100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia, nothing herein shall prohibit any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit.
NOTE: only concealed handguns are prohibited openly carried handguns are allowed
· Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited. Violation is a trespass charge and not a firearms violation
· Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held unless you have "good and sufficient reason." There is no known definition of what a good and sufficient reason would be. Violation is a minor crime, punishable by a fine of up to $100.
· Courthouse. Violation is a highlevel misdemeanor
· School property/school functions (School busses are school property) unless gun is unloaded, in an enclosed container (but NOT in the glove box or console) and in the vehicle. A car's trunk is considered an enclosed container. However, a concealed handgun permit holder can have a loaded, concealed handgun in the vehicle while in the school parking lot, traffic circle, etc. The concealed handgun and the permit holder must stay in the vehicle. Firearms are not banned from property open to the public where a school function is being held unless that
property is being used exclusively for the school function. Violation of this statute is a felony
· Virginia Commonwealth University (8VAC901050). Violation is a trespass charge
· Nonsecure areas of airport terminals are off limits unless you are a passenger and you have your gun unloaded, in a locked container in your checked luggage, and declare the gun at the checkin counter. Violation is a high level misdemeanor.
· Regional Jail or Juvenile Detention Facility.

Last edited by Natchez; 02-07-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

EFB16A is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wayne
Open carry is 100% legal in VA. Was this in Norfolk? They are pretty well known for ignoring the law.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kyle h.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+18.2-287.4

Doesn't that state that you are allowed to carry a handgun with less than 20 rounds in it, anywhere. I.E. in your glove box.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William.

Also note that the bottom section, which I did not copy, renders that null and void with a CHL.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Also for anybody who doesn't already know, Chantilly expo gun show this weekend, 2/8-9-10.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Originally Posted by EFB16A
Also for anybody who doesn't already know, Chantilly expo gun show this weekend, 2/8-9-10.
I do believe you are the only one who is NOT a retard in this thread, holy fuck.

Word to the wise, take the course, pay your 50 bucks, and get your CCW, after that, there is no "grey" area, you are good to go.

I was pulled over (although i have a CCW) with a gun sitting in my change thingy holder, i just kept my hands on the steering wheel, said to the cop hey, there is a firearm right there just informing you. He took it, unloaded it, wrote me my ticket (fucking tint) and gave me my gun back, and the bullets back ina baggy, he didnt care at all.. and this was a Trooper, WHY? because its not illegal to have a loaded gun in the car as long as its visible or you have a CCW then it can be under your seat or hidden.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

When I go to the Range I always put everything in my Trunk. I was told that it cannot be in reach of the driver.

Quick Reply: HANDGUN LAWS in va?