Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

how did you all start?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RACINTWEEK has disabled reputation
Default Re: how did you all start?

d series for $300???

i cant believe some people still pay that. do you guys realized how many civic were sold in the states each year when the dirty d's came in them??
Old 05-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

You can buy a b18b for like 400 out of most junk yards. finding one is hard though, I know people who pay like 100-200 for a d series all day. they are a dime a dozen. Id like to buy one get a book, rebuild it and sell it.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:31 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I started with a CRX also, great car, scary as shit in the PA snows. After that.. I had a 4G63 GSX. Nothing has been easier motorwise then the miata.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
JB-AP1 (Johnny)

red si 99 has disabled reputation

I Bought and EM1 Si Milano Red.. Decided to sell because it wasn't going in the direction I wanted it to with small bolt ons So I sold it.. I got a 325i Horrrible car and gave it to my mom. Bought and S2000 drove it for the summer enjoyed the top down. Then Traded my S2000 for a Built EM1 (EBP) (plus cash) then Blew the motor so now Im rebuilding it and dogging it some more......
Old 05-13-2008, 09:13 AM
the dude

LBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to beholdLBizBoy is a splendid one to behold

car-parts.com is where I acquired mine before it started getting built.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Cyber Bully

JSPITZ can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
so... how did you all start your engine building wonders?

and... whats the best way to acquire engines on the cheap? like d16's for like $300 (if that's possible?) I want to buy one, and spend the money on parts, sprucing it up with valve springs, retainers, forged rods, valves.... but i also want some to just plain beat on...

im also curious... if anyone knows... what engines came in the 89-91 crx si's... d16 non-vtec?
steal one... like everyone else in nova
Old 05-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

nx2kdet taught me
Old 05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

Originally Posted by JSPITZ
steal one... like everyone else in nova

ooh... *banned* jkjk...

but seriously... can i just source junkyards? or what?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

csullivan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
ooh... *banned* jkjk...

but seriously... can i just source junkyards? or what?
Junkyards. Just about any D you're going to find in one will drop right in and go. May need a resistor box or something else minor, but it's kind of a no brainer.

My first swap into my CRX when I spun a bearing was a DOHC ZC. Cheap, bolted up to the stock tranny, modest power bump, and did the swap in a day. it was litarally as simple as unplugging the harness at 3 spots, pulling the stocker out, transfer the harness and tranny, put it back in. No wiring, no mounts, just cheap quick fix goodness.

I did other swaps to it later, but that one was under the gun (I had a little over a day to get it done) and I was on a "I'm paying for college" budget, almost 0. Worked like a champ.

EDIT: Here's where I got it from, I've bought 4 engines from them now and they've all been ready to go except one which came with a busted TPS. The guy overnighted me a new one. Can't speak highly enough of them.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30022

Last edited by csullivan; 05-13-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

yeah, i have a zc in it now... so no wiring should be needed for an a6...

i just got a pm about a y8... those are vtec? and i need to change to OBD1 for it, right?

any mounts required?

Quick Reply: how did you all start?