Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

like to turn wrenchs but no shop

Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goinfromslow has disabled reputation
Default Re: like to turn wrenchs but no shop

http://www.belvoir.army.mil/directions.asp Thats link has somewhat ok directions. I don't have the address for it but I'm sure Chris can give it to you so yo can mapquest it up. How about we set-up a DIY day one weekend that we can all meet-up or what not and tag along with Chris? We would have to meet up at 8:30 next to the base so when we ride in with him at 9 we have all 4 lifts to ourselfs. I vote on a Saturday next weekend the 29 or aug 5 whatever good with chris. Hey chris hit me up tomorrow so can see about going to that shop tomorrow, the peice I got you needs to be put on at a shop.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

nice to meet a fellow wrencher. welcome to the area

i have a buddy who i work with in md and he told me there is something like that at andrews and i was hoping to get my car painted but the booth got closed.

does the one in lorton have a booth?

pm or email me otherwise. i'd still like to check this out - have a va driver license. newlaserjockey@yahoo.com

jason
Old 07-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by goinfromslow
http://www.belvoir.army.mil/directions.asp Thats link has somewhat ok directions. I don't have the address for it but I'm sure Chris can give it to you so yo can mapquest it up. How about we set-up a DIY day one weekend that we can all meet-up or what not and tag along with Chris? We would have to meet up at 8:30 next to the base so when we ride in with him at 9 we have all 4 lifts to ourselfs. I vote on a Saturday next weekend the 29 or aug 5 whatever good with chris. Hey chris hit me up tomorrow so can see about going to that shop tomorrow, the peice I got you needs to be put on at a shop.
Thanks, I found out where it was from Google. Its 45 mintues away though
Old 07-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Slow azz mustang

OVRDRIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goinfromslow
It won't be that easy. Chris can get people on base "if they are riding in his car and have an I.D." If you do not have a DOD sticker on your car, you can't get on without a visitors pass.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:01 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

hmmmn...what if he's driving "another" car without the DOD sticker
Old 07-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

I want on base the other day with him. Yes I was riding with him but I'm sure it would be the same. For us they looked at his ID and ours and told us to go on without running it. I'm sure if he says yall are with him they would look over your car in the bay they have (maybe) and run your ID and tell you to carry on. 2 mins a person/car.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:14 PM
WMD pic below

cutsprings703 can only hope to improve
Smile Re: like to turn wrenchs but no shop

well to clear up some things, ( and i will tpye az kareful as posible), True cars must have dod stickers or visitor passes on them during the week, but on the weekend the visitor center that provides those yellow and green cards is closed. It would take some logistical planning to get a bunch of peps on the base, but I thought it through a couple of times, I will be keeping my teg on base for the next few months while i and who ever else works on it( most likey d-roc and lil d-roc), and i have been keeping my girl's IS300 on there too. Anyway, this would allow me and even her if need be ( she is AF yuck) to ride on post (they don't require the dod personnel to be driving. And since the visitor center is closed they will just look over your whip to make sure no bombs etc. and your good, I would then pic up my car and if she needs to roll back to the crib, hers is there too. One of the perks of having 4 vehicles
Old 07-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good Chris. You got to post picture of the Celica we all built in the eye candy and see what people think about it. Then you'll get feedback on taste and all that.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:59 PM
WMD pic below

cutsprings703 can only hope to improve
Red face Re: like to turn wrenchs but no shop

Last edited by cutsprings703; 07-24-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Last edited by goinfromslow; 07-28-2006 at 03:33 AM.

Quick Reply: like to turn wrenchs but no shop