Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

M3 + HIT AND RUN = Baaaad day.. help.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E36DJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M3 + HIT AND RUN = Baaaad day.. help.

If you all can find anything out about this, let me know..please help me out. I walked out to my car today and noticed the fog light was out.. then I noticed the corner marker was popped out too. I look closer and see the entire car is pushed back almost 3 feet. I look at the bumper and notice that the entire trim piece (below the lights.. the kidney grill painted body piece) was pushed back more than an inch. The center trim piece for the plate was cracked. There wasn't a single scratch on the paint, but the biggest issue is the drivers side fender, which was pushed outwards/flared. The area that was pushed out crimped under the fender and the paint cracked in that area. The paint chip is under the fender but right at the lip to the outside.

I still can't figure out what happened, it was raining so maybe they didn't even hear it?

I love this stuff, my car has been on the roads for 7 years and not so much as a scratch, then last night everything changed when some FUCK ran into my car.. pushed my car back THREE FEET, RAN, and I have to pay for it?
How does that work? I have to pay out of my pocket for someone else screwing up a hot car? There is NO justice for this shit. I filed a police report, dad doesn't want to make a claim on it... I have to pay for it out of my pocket probably..

So yeah, watch that shit everyone (this happened at the GMU lot I parking lot in the back, I was backed into a corner spot.)
I'm still in shock, not sure why I'm taking this so "well."

PS: Went to my friend over at BMW of Fairfax's body shop, it's going to be $1,900+ which actually works out kinda well (insurance covers it w/o rate increase since I'm not at fault) the headlight bracket broke.. so I need a new headlight (only sell them in pairs, so I can replace my pitted/scratched headlights and get some stoneguard on there) um, every front body panel (and bumper) is either going to be replaced or repainted, which gets rid of 93k miles of rock chips, fender is getting repainted, new front grills (which i cracked the clips on anyways and would have cost me $120) um.. new foglight brackets which weren't on the car when I got it.
I think I'm getting a Rieger DTM front bumper/splitter and getting that painted/put on instead of messing with my old one as long as it's free (plus I can sell the current one and get $250 for it.)

So, blessing in disguise I guess. I'll probably do it right before the OC car show in spring so I don't put any winter miles on the new paint/bumper/headlights.

Last edited by E36DJ; 12-17-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc
Default Re: M3 + HIT AND RUN = Baaaad day.. help.

sucks...
Old 12-17-2004, 01:01 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

that stupid as shit. that is what insurance is for. espeacily when you have a police report that show that you didnt do it yourself. it would fall under the unisured motrist portion of your policy.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigHead Ted
that stupid as shit. that is what insurance is for. espeacily when you have a police report that show that you didnt do it yourself. it would fall under the unisured motrist portion of your policy.
I talked to the ex-insurance adjuster guy at the body shop and he said the same thing, under federal law insurane companies can't increase rates if you aren't at fault. There will be a deductable but that's it. I still dont understand what by dad's deal is.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

kcook has disabled reputation

damn dude. thats so gay... if that was my car. id cry. and flip out

hope that fucker comes forward.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:21 PM
*Latinus Spicticus*

acuratuner00 has disabled reputation

that sux man....but atleast your gonna get the repairs that you want...
Old 12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
NO MA'AM

deeseetoo has disabled reputation

i call dibs on your old headlights, actually did the M3 you drive come stock with HIDs?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by deeseetoo
i call dibs on your old headlights, actually did the M3 you drive come stock with HIDs?
Nope, replaced the reflector/plastic housings with glass OE ellipsoids and a Catz HID kit.
I was thinking about putting them on the wall or something, they would look cool with the angel eyes on.

Last edited by E36DJ; 12-17-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:36 PM

mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold

Well, its the gmu parking lot. So it could've been anyone. I'm going to be biased and say it was some girl that was scared when she hit your m3 and took off. But to push your car 3 feet back, i'd have to say it was a pretty hasty backup, she musta mistaked the accelerator for the brake. So much for a christmas...i hate you all.

Note to you: lol, get a beater car and make your M3 a weekend/special occasions car.

Edit : Do you have or know of any enemies? I'd watch out more often. Just a guess.

Last edited by mbui00; 12-17-2004 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by mbui00
Well, its the gmu parking lot. So it could've been anyone. I'm going to be biased and say it was some girl that was scared when she hit your m3 and took off. But to push your car 3 feet back, i'd have to say it was a pretty hasty backup, she musta mistaked the accelerator for the brake. So much for a christmas...i hate you all.

Note to you: lol, get a beater car and make your M3 a weekend/special occasions car.
Not a bad idea.. it's getting close to 100k miles in a hurry.

hmm.. parking brake = rear tires (bald) in the rain so, who knows..

Quick Reply: M3 + HIT AND RUN = Baaaad day.. help.