Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need FD Mechanic

Old 09-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotaryx7fd has disabled reputation
Default Need FD Mechanic

I have a 93 rx7 with a really bad vacuum/boost leak. I need a rotary guru to check it out. I will be taking it to Peter Ferrell if i cant find anybody. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Need FD Mechanic

Is it still sequential?

I am no Guru, but i know that rats nest well, i have dealt with it on two of my own, both of which i did wrap jobs, then ended up removing it all together.

Easiest way to fix it...buy about 15' of good vacuum hose and a few bags of zip-ties, get a bottle of a good bourbon and have fun!! (Chances are all the stock lines are brittle and rough anyway)
Old 09-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rotaryx7fd
I have a 93 rx7 with a really bad vacuum/boost leak. I need a rotary guru to check it out. I will be taking it to Peter Ferrell if i cant find anybody. Let me know. Thanks.
do the right thing and take it to Peter Ferrell from the get go and know its right. honestly the prices are pretty competative. one of my customers had some work done by him and it was all 100% perfect at a competative price.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
|OoOo|oOoO|

atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays

Take it to PF...
Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

vac leaks are not that big of a deal. Unless your having a mechanical problem, rotory speicalists are not needed. Go on RX7club and try to find a list of all vacuum sources on your motor. Go down the list one by one and inspect them. If its as bad as you made it sound, it should be something pretty big and obvious when your inspecting all of your couplers and vac inlets. If you dont think you can do this on your own, there are many local RX7club people that are willing to help a new owner.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
vac leaks are not that big of a deal. Unless your having a mechanical problem, rotory speicalists are not needed. Go on RX7club and try to find a list of all vacuum sources on your motor. Go down the list one by one and inspect them. If its as bad as you made it sound, it should be something pretty big and obvious when your inspecting all of your couplers and vac inlets. If you dont think you can do this on your own, there are many local RX7club people that are willing to help a new owner.

You're kidding....

If you haven't tackled a vacuum leak on an FD before, I would just pay a professional to do it. If you want someone local, try Performance Buyers Club in Chantilly.

Dan
Old 09-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

PFsupercars
the best fd guru in the country...nuff said
Old 09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

VIP tuning in tysons corner. I had Q do my vacuum job there, and he did an amazing job for a reasonable price. 703-883-0403
Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Peter Farrell just do it....vacuum leaks on FD's are a PITA
Old 09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

Start your car. Let it idle. Spray brake clean over hoses/piping. If you spray a certain area and the engine idle changes, that's the trouble area.

Quick Reply: Need FD Mechanic