Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Need good body shop recommendation near NOVA

Old 09-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz
Default Need good body shop recommendation near NOVA

I need to find a shop that can do some custom fiberglass work to install door caps and side skirts. Preferably someone with experience installing fiberglass body kits. I'm not looking for a budget job (quality is very important), but I'm also not looking to spend 11ty billion. Waiting list is OK.

Oh, they'll also need to be able to mix or acquire a custom paint color and paint everything. But I think that goes without saying.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Banned

FDNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need good body shop recommendation near NOVA

Originally Posted by steronz
I need to find a shop that can do some custom fiberglass work to install door caps and side skirts. Preferably someone with experience installing fiberglass body kits. I'm not looking for a budget job (quality is very important), but I'm also not looking to spend 11ty billion. Waiting list is OK.

Oh, they'll also need to be able to mix or acquire a custom paint color and paint everything. But I think that goes without saying.
Best shop hands down is Mr Spoiler in Manassas, VA. www.mrspoiler.com. They're VERY experienced w/ custom work (in fact it's their speciality), and they don't do less than perfect work. But because of that, it takes a while, and it's expensive. You get what you pay for, and w/ them, you get perfection. Literally. They also have a waitlist, so call early. If you call the # on the website, you'll prob get Dan's wife, Theresa. Tell her Ramy (me) sent you, and she'll take care of you.

Oh, and they won't do crappy or nasty looking bodywork either lol. They're pretty picky haha.

~Ramy
Old 09-19-2005, 04:58 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

search
Old 09-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

runnin9z has disabled reputation

D&V Auto body, its on Pleasant vally road, off of RT 50, they've done some owrk for some of the emotion cars, and some of the guys up at Evolution
Old 09-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

xxxtremepaint.com
Old 09-19-2005, 06:48 PM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FDNewbie
Best shop hands down is Mr Spoiler in Manassas, VA. www.mrspoiler.com. They're VERY experienced w/ custom work (in fact it's their speciality), and they don't do less than perfect work. But because of that, it takes a while, and it's expensive. You get what you pay for, and w/ them, you get perfection. Literally. They also have a waitlist, so call early. If you call the # on the website, you'll prob get Dan's wife, Theresa. Tell her Ramy (me) sent you, and she'll take care of you.

Oh, and they won't do crappy or nasty looking bodywork either lol. They're pretty picky haha.

~Ramy
definately. haven't gotten custom work done.. but i've gotten multiple body pieces painted.. a lot of their cars have been featured in magazines. Dan has a few nice RX7s.. and he has a really nice looking blue IS300. About a year or so ago they expanded their shop so now it's like 2 shops put into one. and yeah.. they have a long waitlist. they're always busy working on cars. may seem a bit pricey but the prices are fair and competitive and they do EXCELLENT work. they only settle for the best.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

FDNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, Dan's legendary in the RX-7 community. He's worked on more RX-7s than anyone else on the East Coast, hands down. It helps that he's less than a mile from where Rotary Performance, Piper Motorsports, and the old Peter Farrell Supercars location was

I've had extensive custom work done by Dan, and the one thing that everyone always comments on is how it's such a high quality job - not just the paint, but EVERYTHING lines up PERFECTLY. If you look at most body work, the lines almost always don't line up. It takes hours upon hours of modification and tweaking to reach that level of perfect. It's no wonder why I won't let ANYONE but Dan work on my FD and R34.

~Ramy