Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Nightshaded tails?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM
ha_
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ha_ has disabled reputation
Default Nightshaded tails?

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone in NOVA has nightshaded tails and if they ever get harrassed by cops? I know these fairfax county cops are dick shits about everything but i've heard they don't care about smoked tails if they illuminate well. I am about to get mine nightshaded and was wondering if i was going to run into much trouble around here.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 AM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Nightshaded tails?

just put some tint over them. that nightshade shit looks like ass. unless you want your car to look like ass. then go for it.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

If your car is a domestic, you should be fine.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

All I could find.. depends on how dark you're planning to make them. If you're going for black then yes, I could see them pulling you for that, but more so if someone rear-ended you, they could claim they didn't see because you had tinted tail lights (BS, but still a dangerous game to play).

§ 46.2-1013. Tail lights.

Every motor vehicle and every trailer or semitrailer being drawn at the end of one or more other vehicles shall carry at the rear two red lights plainly visible in clear weather from a distance of 500 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

§ 46.2-1014. Brake lights.

Every motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer, except an antique vehicle not originally equipped with a brake light, registered in the Commonwealth and operated on the highways in the Commonwealth shall be equipped with at least two brake lights of a type approved by the Superintendent. Such brake lights shall automatically exhibit a red or amber light plainly visible in clear weather from a distance of 500 feet to the rear of such vehicle when the brake is applied.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM
ha_
Registered member

well these are the set of tinted tails im getting:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4470/0721001510.jpg
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5208/0704002047.jpg
And they seem pretty visible and plus getting them tinted is the cheap and retarded way. VHT Nightshade has been proven to last longer than any vinyl or tint for your tail lights and if done right it can let enough light through while still giving it that smoked look.

Last edited by ha_; 07-22-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
i dont care.

camelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these partscamelflage is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ha_
And they seem pretty visible and plus getting them tinted is the cheap and retarded way. VHT Nightshade has been proven to last longer than any vinyl or tint for your tail lights and if done right it can let enough light through while still giving it that smoked look.
if you get the tint done correctly, then it's by far the superior looking and performing method. but if you're trying to do it as cheap as possible (and a $15 can of nightshades way out-performs tint in the cheap category) go ahead and spray that shit on your taillights... but dont be offended when someone says it looks like ass..
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by ha_
That def. looks like ass and does not illuminate enough.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
ha_
Registered member

Originally Posted by camelflage
if you get the tint done correctly, then it's by far the superior looking and performing method. but if you're trying to do it as cheap as possible (and a $15 can of nightshades way out-performs tint in the cheap category) go ahead and spray that shit on your taillights... but dont be offended when someone says it looks like ass..
Tinting on a tail light is for ricer shits and i am assuming this forum is full of them seeing as all of you have no idea what you are talking about and your definition of superior is blacked out tail lights with stickers on them and probably adds 15 horsepower right!? If you knew anything about tints its that they are not meant for curved surfaces and will peel off in bad weather if they are applied to tail lights. Don't believe me? Look it up morons. Jeeze the NOVA scene is really getting crowded by a bunch of douchey ricer kids nowadays huh.

Edit: Oh and btw, just to make you feel more stupid, if you really knew about nightshading you would remember that you don't just spray the can on the tail lights and you're done, (which i'm assuming you believe regarding your snotty little remark about the 15$ can). You need to clearcoat and wetsand them also. But i don't expect someone of your caliber to know anything about that considering your remark about tint being the superior method.

Last edited by ha_; 07-22-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Fiesty, aren't we?

Originally Posted by ha_
Jeeze the NOVA scene is really getting crowded by a bunch of douchey ricer kids nowadays huh.
Irony.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

Originally Posted by ha_
Tinting on a tail light is for ricer shits and i am assuming this forum is full of them seeing as all of you have no idea what you are talking about and your definition of superior is blacked out tail lights with stickers on them and probably adds 15 horsepower right!? If you knew anything about tints its that they are not meant for curved surfaces and will peel off in bad weather if they are applied to tail lights. Don't believe me? Look it up morons. Jeeze the NOVA scene is really getting crowded by a bunch of douchey ricer kids nowadays huh.

Edit: Oh and btw, just to make you feel more stupid, if you really knew about nightshading you would remember that you don't just spray the can on the tail lights and you're done, (which i'm assuming you believe regarding your snotty little remark about the 15$ can). You need to clearcoat and wetsand them also. But i don't expect someone of your caliber to know anything about that considering your remark about tint being the superior method.
seems like alot of work for a tiburon

Quick Reply: Nightshaded tails?