Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

are non stock HID's legal??

Old 06-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JLUDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are non stock HID's legal??

Without projectors HID bulbs in halogen reflector housings is not worth it.. without HID reflectors and D2R (HID reflector type bulbs) or HID projectors with D2S HID bulbs you will blind oncoming traffic and risk tickets and only put out 1.5 times the light on the road as halogen. With a proper HID projector retrofit you will put up to 5X as much light focused on the road where it should be and should pass inspection fine...I do.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Yes it's illegal. And I sure do hate being blinded by asses with aftermarket HID's that can't get them aimed. Keep them in projectors and stop frying retinas.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:11 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

i got 8000k no problems from cops/other drivers

hidynamics.com
Old 06-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness

celicas come with projectors stock so he wont have any problems with blinding people unless he goes higher than the 5000ks
Old 06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MitsuMaddness
celicas come with projectors stock so he wont have any problems with blinding people unless he goes higher than the 5000ks
They come w/projectors but I dont think they the right type. I have a 2000 celica and some of the newer celicas can come w/HID's from toyota. And there headlights are a little diffrent than non HID headlights.

I prolly wont do HID's right now, I can put that $250 elsewhere, perhaps in the future.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:51 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MitsuMaddness
those are halogen projectors and dont have the proper cutoff for hids
Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

99Taco has disabled reputation

I have BMW high/low beam HID's that were retrofitted to my tacoma lights....the ballasts have DOT marks on them....so do the bulbs..and projectors...and my headlights themselves....so i passed inspection because they are fully adjustable and DOT approved....

Last edited by 99Taco; 06-12-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Tapanass is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed with 10000K on my DA. I had the bi-zenon kit from hidworld.com, so u never know
Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Quick Shifts

ISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond reputeISpimpin has a reputation beyond repute

8k -- Passed.

I know people with HID fogs that pass...
Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Friend of mine got ticketed for having 8k.

Quick Reply: are non stock HID's legal??