Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

NoVA Cops anal about tint?

Old 11-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default NoVA Cops anal about tint?

Searched and found abunch of threads about what the legal % tint is. I know its 50% up front and 35% rear and back windows. Just wondering how anal cops in NoVA are about having legal tint or not. I know in hampton 95% of the cops dont carry tint meters and dont really care. Ill Be living in Fairfax and i've heard the cops there are pretty much dicks although i've never had a problem with my exhaust (Mustang GT with no cats).
Old 11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Re: NoVA Cops anal about tint?

Most Fairfax county cops are very anal about everything.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

correct me if im wrong, but i believe only State Troopers have the correct metering for gauging tints.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

i dunno, no cops down in HPT carry the meter.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:52 AM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

Originally Posted by StreetRacer69
correct me if im wrong, but i believe only State Troopers have the correct metering for gauging tints.
I've received tint tickets from FFX Co, Loudoun, and the VSP.

Pretty much every department has tint meters as they are relatively inexpensive devices. The cops that are the most anal about tint are the VSP and FFX Co.

Since you happen to drive a domestic, you really don't have to worry about being harassed.

Last edited by Turbobrick; 03-02-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:57 AM
B4NNED

Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon Turbo Neon

i only had 35% all around and got a tint ticket for it a few years ago... now i have a SUV with 20% in the front and haven't had any problems yet. my brother just got a tint ticket for his front windows also.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:57 AM
DILLIGAF

00bluteg has disabled reputation

a couple yrs ago in ffx co, i was driving with a friend and he had 35 all around and the cop made him peel his front tint off or he would tow his car, since it was illegal

super anal

that cop is whack
Old 11-27-2006, 05:10 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

nova cops will tow your car for tint
Old 11-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Taking the shot

Are you serious? So i guess my plans for 20% all around are pretty much out the window
Old 11-27-2006, 06:57 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
So i guess my plans for 20% all around are pretty much out the window
On your car, yes. Just do 35% on the windows and 20% on the back. And you better still come visit after you move.

Quick Reply: NoVA Cops anal about tint?