Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

NoVA Cops anal about tint?

Old 11-29-2006, 04:44 AM
PS3OT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dogg2k78 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NoVA Cops anal about tint?

YEA i just got a ticket for that last week!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 AM
Missin' the LBG

NikkaLB23 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Topik
Most Fairfax county cops are very anal about everything.
damn right

Originally Posted by StreetRacer69
correct me if im wrong, but i believe only State Troopers have the correct metering for gauging tints.
No, over this past sure my friend got pulled over in FFX Co., off of 28 right before the exit for Rt. 50 and the cop who was from FFX Co. had a tint meter.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 AM

Shingen has disabled reputation

What would be interesting is to know if the tickets you guys got were also with other tickets. To my knowledge a cop can't pull you over for just tint. If he tickets you for just the tint, then he probably pulled you over for speeding or somthing else and gave you a freebie on the bigger offense and just gave you the fix it. Or he gave you the bigger ticket and tacked on the fix it. Or you were acting like a punk sitting with your seat in the full recline posistion, listening to your music loud enough for your dead grandma to hear, smoking a cigerette, with your shirt off and your girlfrieds teenaged sister in the passengers seat doing things a girl that age shouldn't be doing... who are we kidding, you're not cool enough to have a girlfriend or her sister... scratch the sister part. But anyway...

I have been pulled over twice in the state of VA and both times were my fualt. I was respectful to the officer and twice they let me off with a warning. They said nothing about my exhaust or my tint.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

I have had 5% since I got my truck. Got 4 tickets over the past 3 years...but i have never been told to peel it off. (prince william county)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

The police can stop you for tint. One of my tint tickets was by a state trooper on 66@8:30am on my way to work. I was in the far right lane and was not speeding or doing anything to attract attention.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 PM
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

You wouldn't think that cops wouldn't notice your tint, but they do. I got a ticket for having 35% in my front and rear side windows. The first thing the cop told me to do was pull my window up a lil so he could test it. And then he gave me a ticket for exhaust. So in conclusion, yes...cops are anal bastards.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:43 AM
Registered Member

fili_pinoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shingen
What would be interesting is to know if the tickets you guys got were also with other tickets. To my knowledge a cop can't pull you over for just tint. If he tickets you for just the tint, then he probably pulled you over for speeding or somthing else and gave you a freebie on the bigger offense and just gave you the fix it. Or he gave you the bigger ticket and tacked on the fix it. Or you were acting like a punk sitting with your seat in the full recline posistion, listening to your music loud enough for your dead grandma to hear, smoking a cigerette, with your shirt off and your girlfrieds teenaged sister in the passengers seat doing things a girl that age shouldn't be doing... who are we kidding, you're not cool enough to have a girlfriend or her sister... scratch the sister part. But anyway...

I have been pulled over twice in the state of VA and both times were my fualt. I was respectful to the officer and twice they let me off with a warning. They said nothing about my exhaust or my tint.

no they really do pull you over for tint. fairfax county is a bitch.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:04 AM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

i have 20% all way around on the passat and dooley, and ive sat next to vsp / ffx at red lights and everything, and not one problem yet. i guess its all based on the car? :shrug:
Old 11-30-2006, 04:15 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

i'm hoping that since i have a domestic for the first time in my life i should be ok
Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
i'm hoping that since i have a domestic for the first time in my life i should be ok
You'll be good. I've never been hassled and I've got 35/20 and a way loud car. Hell, the cop that got called on us last weekend for "racing" just told us to slow it down and nice cars. Gotta love domestics.

Quick Reply: NoVA Cops anal about tint?