Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

people with geico HELP!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04accordV6 has disabled reputation
Default people with geico HELP!

when receiving a check for the damage repair cost, will geico give you an option to keep the check and cash it and not to have the damaged repaired?? Heres my case i accidentally back into someoneelse's car it left a good 5" dent, the guy asked for $100 and forget like it never happened, so i wrote him a check. Now im worried the guy might change his mind and decided to go to the insurance. Since its my fault, my insurance will pay for his damage. I would guess the damage is more than $100 what he asked me.
If the my insurance geico gave him an estimate ie. $200 will he get an option to cash the check and not have the damage repaired?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation
Default Re: people with geico HELP!

well when his insurance calls to ask ur side of it, make sure to tell em about u writing a check to him, it may work in ur favor.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

if it was cashed and if you had something wrote on the check you can use that in your case
Old 12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Eh

NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay NaIsGay

yeah doas they say, gieco blows, they dropped me because i had a mir sticker on my car and evidence that i raced it at mir....
Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

Well you screwed up all around. 1st off if you backed into him, you were prolly in a parking lot and if thats the case, in the state of Virginia no one is at fault, so you don't(didn't) owe him shit but an apology. 2nd, if you exchanged info, why did you pay him $100?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

uh if i am correct all he had to do was call the cops and then insurance would have been needed. When you hit someones car it is your fault shoot if people can get away from hitting the whats the point of insurance. if you hit it pay it, its the the car fault for being in the lot. Just wait till someone hits your car in the lot and run off how would you feel? what would you do?

Last edited by lYellowDragonl; 12-04-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

ExoticGunplay has disabled reputation

daym, sorry to see you in that situation, should of would of could of, but ill tell you a similar situation that happend to me back in high school i used to work at country club, i was in the car and some lady backed in to me aswell, She didnt want her insurance to know so she gave me cash instead of a check of 900 bones followed her to her bank and i had cash in envelope in my hand, by the way goodluck i dont think anything of it besides you gave him a hundred dollars. Have a good one
Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

03AV6coupe has disabled reputation

did you give him your insurance information?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

yes he will have the option to cash the check and not have the damages repaired. if you just wrote a $100 check and you didn't share your insurance info with him you should be fine.