Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Place in NOVA that sells CB's?

Old 02-11-2005, 06:23 PM
TRU
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute
Default Place in NOVA that sells CB's?

Anybody know of a place in nova that sells CB's besides Radio Shack?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation
Default Re: Place in NOVA that sells CB's?

Wal-Mart. Possibly Best Buy or Circuit City as well. Try and get a Uniden.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:23 AM
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

are those things even useful? educate me!
Old 02-12-2005, 06:51 AM
fun²

tryckjävel is an unknown quantity at this point

theres this place in fairfax off 50 near ihop, they sell real CB equipment and antennas
Old 02-12-2005, 07:11 AM
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you can hear the cops talking...
Old 02-12-2005, 07:46 AM
fun²

tryckjävel is an unknown quantity at this point

i doubt it... police radios are on a different frequency.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

no, i dont want a police scanner, i can get those if i want one(easily and cheap too!). i want a CB. is Uniden any good?? i was looking at cobra stuff becazuse i have some of their 2 ways and theyre good quality(until you drop one in water, :-p)
Old 02-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Patron

I stand by Uniden and have personal experience w/ them. They have been around longer then Cobra and have a better reputation.

You can NOT listen into police frequencies with a CB radio.

CB Radios are good to have when you travel into rural areas (like SW VA, West Virginia, the desert, down South, or when you go 4 wheeling back in the woods) where cell phone coverage is piss poor or non-existent. I personally recommend that every 4x4 that gets taken off-road in rural areas be outfitted with a CB radio so that you have some sort of connection to civilization should something go bad and cell phone service is null.

For those that legally go 4 wheeling in federal parks (like George Washington National Forest for example allows ppl to legally go 4 wheeling on their fire roads provided you give a heads up to the Park Ranger before doing it), the Park Rangers listen out for distress calls on Channel 9.

You can usually only get a 15-25 mile range on a particular CB channel from your particular location.

CB Radios are still commonly used by truck drivers. We got AIM and Drag to message across to various people in the area, they got CB radios to do the same while they are making long hauls across the country.

No matter where you are at, police monitor Channel 9 for emergency distress calls. Common communication channels are Channels 19-22.

Radar traps are referred to as Bears or Smokeys. In addition to finding out where the traps are at, if you are in a traffic jam, the truckers will usually relay thruout the channel of a good alternate route to take around the jam if one is available.

Rules of the CB Radio: You CANNOT cuss or use foul language over the channels. The FCC does have the ability to shut you off from communicating should they catch wind of what you said. And like radio stations, since CB channels are free to use and listen to provided you have the right equipment, the FCC monitors them and holds them to the same liabilities that the radio stations have to abide by.

Another Rule: You CANNOT use the CB radio to obstruct justice or use it to commit a crime. So for all of you street racers out there, find another means of communication.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
Another Rule: You CANNOT use the CB radio to obstruct justice or use it to commit a crime. So for all of you street racers out there, find another means of communication.
we got a 187 and cops are all over it!! lets GO GO GO!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by LD S13
we got a 187 and cops are all over it!! lets GO GO GO!!!
I was waiting for that....besides that was a two-way radio they were using, not a CB...or it could have possibly been a Nextel. It would be bad for you to use a CB to do that stuff anyways b/c anybody who is tuned to that channel within 15-25 miles would know what you were gonna be up to.

Quick Reply: Place in NOVA that sells CB's?