Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Ptuning just cost me a race weekend...

Old 05-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moriar has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ptuning just cost me a race weekend...

Originally Posted by Supra333
Dude you guys need to calm down, just because of one screw up doesnt mean everyone should just go negative on them, this is a great shop, and we dont know whether the thread starter possibly had some confusion with Ptuning and that why he didnt get the parts, PTuning is a great store and you should not rule them out just because of this one post
Comin from an 06, sorry please be quiet.

I never deal with the Ptuning. Ive heard way too many horror stories
Old 05-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

Originally Posted by Supra333
Dude you guys need to calm down, just because of one screw up doesnt mean everyone should just go negative on them, this is a great shop, and we dont know whether the thread starter possibly had some confusion with Ptuning and that why he didnt get the parts, PTuning is a great store and you should not rule them out just because of this one post
You're damn right there was confusion. I called on numerous occasions to check on my order. Not once was pre-payment mentioned. The only response I got was "they aren't here yet". It wasn't until I walked in there yesterday that I got the REAL story. I run a repair facility, so I understand that mistakes can be made, and occasionally you will have some confusion... The difference in the way I run my shop, compared to Ptuning is that when myself or one of my employees makes a mistake, I am 100% honest with my customer, we do everything in our power to fix the problem, and make the customer happy. Ptuning knew of my time constraints, and they were notified that I had a car taking up space since MONDAY waiting on parts I ordered from them. No effort was made on the part of Ptuning to help me in any way. The could have overnighted the parts for me. They could have offered me a discount because of their mistake. They could have tried to do SOMETHING to help me, and I wouldn't be posting this here. Instead, all I got was "Here's the price, take it or leave it", and a blank stare from the guy behind the counter.

Dan
Old 05-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

turbotC has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear that Dan. I haven't had any problems with PTuning at all. The one guy I always talk to is very knowledgable and they're very helpful. All my parts have come in on time and I haven't had any issues with them as far as Im concerned. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Rich
Old 05-27-2006, 07:08 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

Redshift Robbie has disabled reputation

Coming from another shop, Mike and the other guys over at P-Tuning are top noch guys. We have delt with them many times and they give great service. Sorry you had a bad experience.

And give them a break Moriar, let the man handle his own problems.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:35 AM
JT9-D

ToyRolla has disabled reputation

I've had a couple transactions with them and had no problems. I'll continue to do business with them. All my purchases have been in person though.

Every once in a while people will have an experience like this. Sucks.

Frankly though, I would expect payment to be required up front. I would be pretty uncertain about my order if otherwise. I've worked the parts dept at a dealer and we have all these parts that we ordered w/o payment and people never came to pick-up. Needless to say, we've changed our policy regaurding payment of non-warranty parts orders.

Last edited by ToyRolla; 05-27-2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:54 AM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

I know all shops have a mess-up.. but it sounds like they didnt know what they are doing.. if you called and they said they ordered it and they really didnt.. and then when you go there and they said they never even placed the order.. it seems like SOMEONE there doesn't know what they are doing. I'm sure the owners are great.. and the mechanics are great.. but maybe they hired someone new or some information was misinformed. I'm sure they are a decent shop.. but in the future if I ever need a part or work done.. I'll seek elsewhere first. I'd expect a shop to keep me informed about my order.. especially after trying to contact them about it a few times. If i was in LtDan's shoes.. I'd be furious. PTTuning should have paid for the cost of withdrawing from the Race Event because it was their fuck up, not Dan's. Take fault where blame is due.. they should have manned up and apologized and cut Dan a deal or gone outta their way to help him. But he just cancelled his order and they lost a customer. Sucks for them.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered member

whiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these partswhiteWRXtasy is infamous around these parts

i got to Ptuning for everything and they have been more than helpful and as long as they keep their decent (not always the best) prices i will continue to go there because they always have the stuff i want in stock. compared to Dash, Ptuning is great and at least they don't hound you to buy something or give you dirty looks if you're just going in there to check shit out
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

Redshift Robbie has disabled reputation

Yes the owners are very nice and Ive known them for 2 years now. They have a few people working there who I dont know, maybe they are responsible.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Italian Car Guy

minehart has disabled reputation

A place can only be as good as the worst employees If one customer gets bad service dealing with them. Word travels fast in this area.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM
emo destroyer

dabomb156 is an unknown quantity at this point

^ yep, thanks to the internet. car shops who consistently get bad feedback will not survive in this world anymore. word travels instantly and the entire community will know

Quick Reply: Ptuning just cost me a race weekend...