Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Ptuning just cost me a race weekend...

Old 05-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fili_pinoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ptuning just cost me a race weekend...

umm.. talk to the owner again and if he doesn't do anything then just fuck up the store.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:59 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Redshift Robbie
Thats odd because P-tuning does not have a shop, they only sell parts.
Wait it might of been RevTech or another shop. I know for sure he got a turbo for his civic and I thought he said he PTunning tune it; but guess not. He does have all those PTuning stickers on his car so I just thought they did. No offense to PTunning if its not the case.

Last edited by Quentin; 05-28-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:32 AM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

Well if it's a Greddy turbo kit, how is it the installer's fault that it didn't get good gains...?

If it didn't work, then yes, that makes sense. Or if it is a custom kit, then again, sure, makes sense. Greddy kits come with everything to literally bolt on and start up (when they're NA=>Turbo kits...the turbo upgrades are different)

So if he has a problem w/ his 35hp gain on his Civic, then he should blame it on Greddy.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by Quentin
My friend had a 03 Civic Ex... he got Greddy turbo kit and had them install it. After tuning it made only 140ish whp...WTF??? Thats like a 25 whp gain. Thats lil suspect to me.
it mightve been the dyno it was tuned on but i doubt it. on my sohc vtec Jrsc 8psi i dyno 142 whp, my friends gsr w/greddy 18g only did 170whp but it was the dyno it was on (B&t's) wouldve done 200-205 on dynojet..
Old 05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Redshift Ian
Well if it's a Greddy turbo kit, how is it the installer's fault that it didn't get good gains...?

If it didn't work, then yes, that makes sense. Or if it is a custom kit, then again, sure, makes sense. Greddy kits come with everything to literally bolt on and start up (when they're NA=>Turbo kits...the turbo upgrades are different)

So if he has a problem w/ his 35hp gain on his Civic, then he should blame it on Greddy.
I dont know all of homeboy's stats. But I know I be pissed If i put $4k into my civic and made 140whp. Thats horrible. I have a chance of taking him in my GT celica and thats sad. He took the turbo off now, ...I dont know what he plans on doing next.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Supra333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moriar
Comin from an 06, sorry please be quiet.

I never deal with the Ptuning. Ive heard way too many horror stories
Wow, good one yea im an 06 so im retarded, wait nope, but yea in no way am I saying Ptuning is perfect, but all the guys I know through EP3's use Ptuning and no one has had a problem, this is the first horror story i have heard of

Last edited by Supra333; 06-02-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness MitsuMaddness

sent a friend to ptuning they did not have a clue about what they were talking about, so he took his $2000 somewhere else. Only thing I would buy from them is a shift knob if I wanted it right there. I also wanted to buy some stuff for my car and they kept on telling me that everything was on backorder so walked out. No I get some of my stuff if I want it fast from http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/ they are in new york so I get my stuff in a day or two.