Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Red Bull Flugtag Baltimore

Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Red Bull Flugtag Baltimore

its tomorrow morning at the inner harbor, anyone going?

http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/Baltimore/default.aspx

Almost 300 teams from around the world applied to compete in Red Bull Flugtag Baltimore this October 21! Now, 24 of those teams remain.

They come from as far away as Bulgaria and as close as Baltimore’s Canton Square, but they have one thing in common: the long-held dream of human flight. These teams will take that dream to the next level when they launch their homemade, human-powered flying machines off a 25-foot ramp above Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.

“Flugtag” may mean “flying day” in German, but don’t expect to see many crafts on event day that resemble an airplane. Instead, the skies will fill with an Oscar Meyer Weiner, Dumbo and his magic feather, and even a One-Eyed, One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater. Whether they soar, swim or fall, these teams promise to put on a show. They will each be given two minutes to perform an original skit to win over the crowd and impress the judges, before pushing, dragging and ultimately launching their crafts off the flight deck into the Inner Harbor below.
LOCAL ACCOMMODATIONSNo place to stay for the event, but you wouldn’t miss it for anything? Make your reservations today at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel.
DON'T MISS FLUGTAG BALTIMOREWHERE: Inner Harbor, in front of the Maryland Science Center (Baltimore, MD) Map
DATE: 10/21/2006
Gates Open: 11:00 AM
First Flight: 1:00 PM
Last Flight: TBD
Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer
Default Re: Red Bull Flugtag Baltimore

i like the way you copy & paste haha that is a cool event its far away if it was close i didnt mind going i'll think about it good post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

I was gonna go until I heard from the radio that there will be about 300K people there. The guys from Jackass are jumping first.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

i wanna go but im stuck at school in the 757...it sucks, haha