Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

SC M3, poll: is it really worth it?

Old 10-13-2004, 06:55 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: SC M3, poll: is it really worth it?

that is a CSL, and this thread is a repost

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68467
Old 10-13-2004, 07:57 AM

Guido is an unknown quantity at this point

m3 is def pimp as shit and un as hell to drive, the e36 m3 in particular is extremely affordable these days with the 95 obd-1 m3 selling for 10-15 grand in decent shape, and with the obd2 3.2 s52 motor 96-99 selling for around 13-20 i cant think of a much better all aorund car from the factory, the car is simply awesome for road coarse, and autox, thers not much that can beat these cars in this type of environment, now for people talking about draggin the m3 does def lack the raw torque and displacment to run 11's or 12's NA, turbo kits are available for the m3 and with them they produce over 400rwhp(anyone ever heard of dado), the cost of these its as the tuning costs for the dme is extremely expensive, due to the lack of trustworhy mechanics that can work on the, for example thers only about 2 guys in all ffx/md/dc area that can work on/ tune the m3 turbos properly, the people who buy m3s are not buying them because they are the fastest thing on the road, but becuase they come with luxury, class, extremely good cornering abilities, and they happen to be quick, especially if you add a bunch of bolt ons such as euro 3.5hfm, headers, schrick cams, softwre ect.. the real heart of the e36 tho is the suspension, and once you start modding that ooooo baby, thats a sweet things, thats the reason why u still see many e36 race cars still in use and the reason why many people sell the e46 m3 to get the older style m3 they used to have, teh cars are like night and day in comparison, this is coming from someone whos driven both at lenghy periods, adn who has owned and modifed 3 diffirent m3s, along with a modded talon tsi awd, and a 240 which i swapped in an sr20 myself in my gargage, also which i did the tuning on myslef, everyone loves what they love, and it is completely fine if someone wishes to purchase a beat up hatch, dsm, whatever and swap a beast motor and run 11s or better, if someone wants to buy an srt-4, evo, sti, wahtever from factory and race that then tahts fine as well, waht im trying to convey is that each person had diffirent goals, aspirations from their car/motosports and you should respect that everyone adn their ride is an individual, casue just remember theres ALWAYS gonna be someone out ther faster than you and with a better ride, so just chill and be happy with what you got, for me currently( well see how long this one lasts ive had 8 cars since ive been driving, which isnt that long) that happens to be a modded m3 that i plan on tracking alot, and for you im sure its someting else, if not thats awesome too, so just chill and take the shit talkin to the track with you along with a tire pressure gauge, a comfortable chair, and a certified helmet
Dave
Old 10-13-2004, 08:33 AM

Guido is an unknown quantity at this point

and by turbocharging i mean sc as well, same concept
Old 10-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Say somm!!!

NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Guido
m3 is def pimp as shit and un as hell to drive, the e36 m3 in particular is extremely affordable these days with the 95 obd-1 m3 selling for 10-15 grand in decent shape, and with the obd2 3.2 s52 motor 96-99 selling for around 13-20 i cant think of a much better all aorund car from the factory, the car is simply awesome for road coarse, and autox, thers not much that can beat these cars in this type of environment, now for people talking about draggin the m3 does def lack the raw torque and displacment to run 11's or 12's NA, turbo kits are available for the m3 and with them they produce over 400rwhp(anyone ever heard of dado), the cost of these its as the tuning costs for the dme is extremely expensive, due to the lack of trustworhy mechanics that can work on the, for example thers only about 2 guys in all ffx/md/dc area that can work on/ tune the m3 turbos properly, the people who buy m3s are not buying them because they are the fastest thing on the road, but becuase they come with luxury, class, extremely good cornering abilities, and they happen to be quick, especially if you add a bunch of bolt ons such as euro 3.5hfm, headers, schrick cams, softwre ect.. the real heart of the e36 tho is the suspension, and once you start modding that ooooo baby, thats a sweet things, thats the reason why u still see many e36 race cars still in use and the reason why many people sell the e46 m3 to get the older style m3 they used to have, teh cars are like night and day in comparison, this is coming from someone whos driven both at lenghy periods, adn who has owned and modifed 3 diffirent m3s, along with a modded talon tsi awd, and a 240 which i swapped in an sr20 myself in my gargage, also which i did the tuning on myslef, everyone loves what they love, and it is completely fine if someone wishes to purchase a beat up hatch, dsm, whatever and swap a beast motor and run 11s or better, if someone wants to buy an srt-4, evo, sti, wahtever from factory and race that then tahts fine as well, waht im trying to convey is that each person had diffirent goals, aspirations from their car/motosports and you should respect that everyone adn their ride is an individual, casue just remember theres ALWAYS gonna be someone out ther faster than you and with a better ride, so just chill and be happy with what you got, for me currently( well see how long this one lasts ive had 8 cars since ive been driving, which isnt that long) that happens to be a modded m3 that i plan on tracking alot, and for you im sure its someting else, if not thats awesome too, so just chill and take the shit talkin to the track with you along with a tire pressure gauge, a comfortable chair, and a certified helmet
Dave
Well said. Still like the e36's better, but what ever floats ur boat.

Nate
Old 10-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'm seriously thinking about doing this.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=254171

I talked about it last night with Brian (Cobra4B on the boards; he's your basic Corvette tool) You can piece the motor together for about ~$8K for a LS6 (like out of the Z06) with a very nice head and cam package on it and any compression piston you want. The transmission comes out of an F-body. And then you will have a very reliable N/A motor that'll put down a little under 500 rwhp (off the bottle, of course ) and gobs of tire shredding torque off of the line. All of this costing about the same as if you went with a stage 1 AA turbo kit, except you walk away with about 200 more rwhp. Or you can say fuck it all and go with a 427 and just tear shit up. If you wanted to turbo your BMW to that level, it would cost at least $30K and that's being extremely generous. Just think of it as the new age Shelby Cobra; European chassis with an American motor.

Pic: http://www.lounge37.com/chris/bmw/1lg.jpg

Last edited by blah; 10-13-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:01 PM

Stylin3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jason300zxTT
I cant talk.... because about a month ago I was considering looking at some e36 m3's and I was considering selling the Z for one. After driving one I realized how nice of a car they are but still dident give me what I was looking for so I decided to just stay with the Z and maybe get a beater down the road like I use to have.

This is well stated. I test drove other cars prior to owning my m3 the only reason why i wanted an M is cause of the stability and performance it came out of the box. To me this is important.

Jason300zxtt makes a good point bout looking into the e36 but decided not to because maybe his expectations were different then mines. Nonetheless he made an honest decision and stuck with his Z.

To anyone who thinks the m3 sucks out the door I could very well easily go out an look to buy another car myself but no matter what it can't compare to MY standards. Not everyone is out to say well the m3 sucks blah blah blah 1/4 miles. blah blah blah, Well if you think it sucks plain and simple dont even address any opinion on it. I could go on bout other cars but the reason why i wont judge a car and say its shit out the door is cause people who buy certain vehicle buy them for certain reasons. Some prefer to go straight in under 13 secs. and if thats what floats your boat who am i to judge what you and your money wants to flaunt. By i garauntee that if anyone were to judge a car that someone owned i certainly know i wouldnt give two shits what you think of the m3. I personally love my car if you think its shit than so be it. All you have is an opinion and thats it. Just like i have an opinion as the rest of the other people. Only thing is i personally wouldnt go and say "well your sti is shit out the box, or the evo is this and that , or all dsm are a ticking time bomb. and hondas are duh duh duh duh" cause i know that would cause an arguemnt and that i technically wouldnt say anything to anyone unless i can back up truthful facts as to why a car is shit out the factory.

Oh and to Guido: well said on your statement
Old 10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Stir it up

RobzSRT04 has disabled reputation

lol, did someone say SRT-4? M3s are pimp, Id get one if I had the money...
Old 10-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Crust free baby

Import_Theory has disabled reputation

Saw in the car and driver, the autowerke m3 got 9th place of 9 in whatever test they were doing. A shutout in comparison to the vishnu evo, at a grand cost of $55k...the cheapest of the bunch.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Iceman1 has disabled reputation

that SMG double-clutch at the end sounded beautiful...