Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Shop for rb25det swap

Old 05-23-2006 | 05:02 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1
Default Re: Shop for rb25det swap

wow....I only speak one language, so I can't say it any other way...
I can try french I guess...

le rb20 trans is the le same az da le ka24de trans, which is le good for 336 kilowatts
Old 05-23-2006 | 05:55 AM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mah hoe
lol, i think 450 is a stretch
Um one reason why people tend to believe the RB20 tranny is "weak" is because the few people with RB20's usually make MORE power than the vast majority of KA and SR people in the first place. Therefore all the SR/KA-T people at 250-300 hp think RB trannys suck because they break (@ 450+ hp).
Old 05-23-2006 | 07:18 AM
Banned

mah hoe mah hoe

straight from nico...

RB20

Pros

-skyline engine (?)
-WD-racing was saw near 400hp with his-easy swap
-free revving up to 8k is possible on stock valve train
-excelent gas mileage off boost (it is a 2l after all)
-can make good power with minimal mods.
-sensors interchange with lots of usdm cars

Cons

-SR is easier with same potential (for your lower goal people). out of the box both will make near the same power, and upgrade easily to near the same numbers.
-cheap turbo (ceramic wheel
)
-weaker tranny
-akward intake manifold
- its getting old 89-93 production years
-high mileage engines need proper mantinence ie timing belts and water pumps
- tiny injectors (270cc)
-intake manifold flange is diffrent from rb25 (greddy manfold does not bolt on)
-some rb20's can have the same problem as the early rb26 engines with the crank collar issue

so i dont know what im talking about but yet im one of the few ones telilng him to do an sr because theres more aftermarket? unless your going to go rb25 or 26, then dont do an rb, the sr can make just as much power as the rb

hes another thread from nico that has guys saying theyd take a sr over a rb
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/170104

and heres another thread that guys are just barley able to push 400hp on stock internals
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/158144
sr's have been getting up to 425 and 450 on stock interals for awhile

Old 05-23-2006 | 07:22 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

straight from nico...

RB20

Pros

-skyline engine (?)
-WD-racing was saw near 400hp with his-easy swap
-free revving up to 8k is possible on stock valve train
-excelent gas mileage off boost (it is a 2l after all)
-can make good power with minimal mods.
-sensors interchange with lots of usdm cars

Cons

-SR is easier with same potential (for your lower goal people). out of the box both will make near the same power, and upgrade easily to near the same numbers.
-cheap turbo (ceramic wheel
)
-weaker tranny
-akward intake manifold
- its getting old 89-93 production years
-high mileage engines need proper mantinence ie timing belts and water pumps
- tiny injectors (270cc)
-intake manifold flange is diffrent from rb25 (greddy manfold does not bolt on)
-some rb20's can have the same problem as the early rb26 engines with the crank collar issue

so i dont know what im talking about but yet im one of the few ones telilng him to do an sr because theres more aftermarket? unless your going to go rb25 or 26, then dont do an rb, the sr can make just as much power as the rb

hes another thread from nico that has guys saying theyd take a sr over a rb
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/170104

and heres another thread that guys are just barley able to push 400hp on stock internals
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/158144
sr's have been getting up to 425 and 450 on stock interals for awhile

I've read those threads a long time ago, that stuff is all subjective and one guys opinion.
Old 05-23-2006 | 07:24 AM
vf36

rain00 has disabled reputation

mah hoe has been working with 240s for 10+ years, id listen to him.
Old 05-23-2006 | 09:10 AM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

yea no shit thats why if your cheap and your rb tranny gets fucked over u can use a ka. but with some mods, which i cant think of off the top of my head. and if your gonna call b.s. on that ill prove it to
Old 05-23-2006 | 09:18 AM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rain00
mah hoe has been working with 240s for 10+ years, id listen to him.
Pretty much everything that he linked were opinions. Where are the facts?
Do you have first hand information? I'd take a RB20 over a SR20 anyday. And yes, I have owned an SR before. It's laggy as hell even with the stock turbo. I loved it but man from 1k-3.5krpm, its a low compression, torque-less motor. If you really want a reasonable motor with decent aftermarket and oem support, get a RB25. You won't regret it.
Old 05-23-2006 | 09:25 AM

morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid morbid

Wow I really hope this damn Fast and Furious drifting thing won't make a bunch of gay kids go out and buy 240's and swap them.

Prices are already high enough.

and guys... stop argueing its pointless noone ever gives in on the internet.. there all great engines with their own pros and cons just get what you want and have fun with it.
Old 05-23-2006 | 10:07 AM
Banned

mah hoe mah hoe

Originally Posted by 240dreams
Pretty much everything that he linked were opinions. Where are the facts?
Do you have first hand information? I'd take a RB20 over a SR20 anyday. And yes, I have owned an SR before. It's laggy as hell even with the stock turbo. I loved it but man from 1k-3.5krpm, its a low compression, torque-less motor. If you really want a reasonable motor with decent aftermarket and oem support, get a RB25. You won't regret it.
what do you want me to do? get a nissan tech and have him explain everything? forums are what people go to for information right? alls ive been saying is the rb20 isnt worth it, if your going to go rb, get a rb25 like 240dreams said
Old 05-23-2006 | 02:53 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

what do you want me to do? get a nissan tech and have him explain everything? forums are what people go to for information right? alls ive been saying is the rb20 isnt worth it, if your going to go rb, get a rb25 like 240dreams said
and all i'm saying is that you are smoking crack, any reason you could come up with for an SR to be better then an RB20 is a myth, misconception, or straight up false, and that for modest (350ish) power levels, there is no need to spend the extra money for an RB25.

Quick Reply: Shop for rb25det swap