Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Stock S2000 exhaust

Old 09-16-2003 | 05:22 AM

tenblade2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stock S2000 exhaust

MY GF is upgrading her exhaust and wants to get rid of her stock exhaust. I've heard of some civic owners using the mufflers. If anyone wants it, email me at tenblade2001@hotmail.com
thanks
Old 09-16-2003 | 08:40 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

for free?
Old 09-16-2003 | 08:52 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

I don't think I could ever put dual exhaust on my civic.
Old 09-19-2003 | 06:52 AM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

um..there would be too much flow from that set up.. NA cars need back pressure..turbo cars you dont even need an exhaust.but NA cars you need backpressure or else you will lose low end power.
Old 09-19-2003 | 07:30 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally posted by kalokohan
I don't think I could ever put dual exhaust on my civic.
stock s2000 mufflers are twin loop design by the looks if it. its very very similar to the mugen canister. if i was going for quiet and the most hp i would definatly look into getting a s2000 muffler section.
Old 09-19-2003 | 07:31 AM

mpg9999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chinabuddie
um..there would be too much flow from that set up.. NA cars need back pressure..turbo cars you dont even need an exhaust.but NA cars you need backpressure or else you will lose low end power.
Just fyi, that is a myth. You do not need exhaust gas backpressure. That is not to say you cant go to big, because you can. You need to retain exhaust gas velocity, but with the least amount of backpressure possible.

-Mike
Old 09-19-2003 | 08:05 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Originally posted by mpg9999
Just fyi, that is a myth. You do not need exhaust gas backpressure. That is not to say you cant go to big, because you can. You need to retain exhaust gas velocity, but with the least amount of backpressure possible.

-Mike
agreed.

on another note...exhaust gas velocity is also crucial for turbo cars too. though backpressure can be a hindernce to spool, a smooth and non turbulent exhaust route on turbo cars will outperform any open exhaust anyday.