Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Tax Return

Old 02-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moriar has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tax Return

i got 3900$ Fed, and 600 State

Gotta love workin full time / full time student and i claimed myself as head of house hold, dependant of myself, eh
Old 02-18-2005, 10:02 AM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

WTF, I haven't even gotten my W2 .
Old 02-18-2005, 10:17 AM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

H22-T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moriar
i got 3900$ Fed, and 600 State

Gotta love workin full time / full time student and i claimed myself as head of house hold, dependant of myself, eh
nice...what are you planning on doing with all that?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:17 AM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

Originally Posted by RSX-T
You should talk to the person who handles it...some companies don't send it out that fast while others do.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RSX-T
Get all of your previous paystubs, and use those for your tax form. Then attach a note saying "No W-2 Issued". That will get the IRS moving real quick on the business.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Teinz has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by H22-T
I did mine for free! It was easy as hell. Man you paid $100 to have someone do it? I did it myself. I was done with my state and federal in 30 minutes tops. And this was my first year ever filing.
But you dunno what to claim in man.. This man claims everything gas money for traveling to work, school, books, foods, and every single thing with taxes man its worthed.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Teinz
But you dunno what to claim in man.. This man claims everything gas money for traveling to work, school, books, foods, and every single thing with taxes man its worthed.

So you are doing an itemized deduction? Do you have all of your receipts from the year stored in case you get audited in the next three years? If not did he just put in random numbers to get you the most money back?

Interesting fact though...

Most people don't get audited at all. In a given year, usually 1 percent to 2 percent are given the honor. Unless you travel in exceptionally unlucky circles, you probably don't know more than a couple of people who have been audited in the last five years.

Even if lightning does strike, it is rare to have the IRS turn your life upside down -- as they are entitled to do. Usually, they will ask you to explain an item or two, often by mail. Follow the instructions on the notice you receive, and you could be rid of the problem in literally minutes, just like Ralph Kramden.

The fact of the matter is, the 1 percent to 2 percent audit rate counts every IRS contact with a taxpayer, including full audits as well as mail inquiries. So, the true audit rate is extremely low.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

I need to do mine... I've been using H&R Block's website for the past 3 years, and it has worked out really well. Money gets direct deposited in 1-2 weeks usually, but it costs about $30 to use their online filing tool. Very nice thing is though that it stores all of my information, so I don't have to do too much work besides putting in my income information.

Mark, are you still at Geico?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

damn.. WTF do you all claime a year? and also how much do you make?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

Originally Posted by Teinz
I just claimed my income and intuition for NOVA. what else should I have claimed?

Quick Reply: Tax Return