Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Tax Return

Old 02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teinz has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tax Return

Originally Posted by H22-T
I just claimed my income and intuition for NOVA. what else should I have claimed?
You can claim a lot of shiet gas money, milage on car u drive, taxes , car payment.. WHole lot of shiet man well I went to this professional place and paid 100 to do it. You can get all your money back. I got like couple hundreds more. . nice shiet.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

umm i plan on payin off some bills, and maybe invest in some CD's
Old 02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
T3T04E

RSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud ofRSX-T has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
Get all of your previous paystubs, and use those for your tax form. Then attach a note saying "No W-2 Issued". That will get the IRS moving real quick on the business.
Nice, I'll do that. Thanks a lot.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Patron

Boxer4PSI has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RSX-T
Nice, I'll do that. Thanks a lot.
Keep in mind though that it is February. Give it a little more time still. You don't wanna go say "No W2 issued" in mid-February, only to have a W2 issued 2 weeks after you send your tax forms off.

Only do what I said if you don't receive a W2 by mid-to end of March. After all, taxes are due in the middle of April.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:07 PM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

H22-T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Teinz
You can claim a lot of shiet gas money, milage on car u drive, taxes , car payment.. WHole lot of shiet man well I went to this professional place and paid 100 to do it. You can get all your money back. I got like couple hundreds more. . nice shiet.
How would you be able to claim gas and milage on your car? Do you save receipts of all the gas you paid? What about milage on your car?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Patron

How would you be able to claim gas and milage on your car? Do you save receipts of all the gas you paid? What about milage on your car?
You gotta read the fine print. There are certain conditions in which this can be done. This is why people goto accountants b/c a good accountant knows all the little conditions in which a deduction is legally allowed. And yes, you must keep track of your mileage and gas receipts for the most accurate and beneficial deduction.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
R3G1ST3R3D US3R

H22-T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boxer4PSI
You gotta read the fine print. There are certain conditions in which this can be done. This is why people goto accountants b/c a good accountant knows all the little conditions in which a deduction is legally allowed. And yes, you must keep track of your mileage and gas receipts for the most accurate and beneficial deduction.

How does gas mileage work? Is it something like for every mile you get a certain amount?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Patron

How does gas mileage work? Is it something like for every mile you get a certain amount?
Yes, you get a certain amount of cents per mile that is based on what you were traveling for.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Retards.

dragging240s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DC/DC
I need to do mine... I've been using H&R Block's website for the past 3 years, and it has worked out really well. Money gets direct deposited in 1-2 weeks usually, but it costs about $30 to use their online filing tool. Very nice thing is though that it stores all of my information, so I don't have to do too much work besides putting in my income information.

Mark, are you still at Geico?
Yep, still there..
Old 02-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

1slocolt has disabled reputation

By law you are supposed to get your W2s by February 1st. I would be on someones ass real quick. The business or company you work for can be fined if your W2s aren't in your hands by February 1st.

Quick Reply: Tax Return