Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud of
Default Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

Well i tried a local shop here in MD without luck but here's the deal. I have a MAJOR exhaust leak because one of my turbo/manifold threads needs to be re-threaded. So instead of 4 bolts holding the turbo to manifold i only have 3. Also in a steriod rage making sure everything was tight.... i broke one of my oil return line bolts so its stuck in the damn turbo.

I have the worst luck!!!!! Anyway is there someone local that could extract the busted bolt and rethread both holes?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
get good

n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body n-body
Default Re: Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

call these guys www.bandtmotorsports.com if they cant fix it im sure they know who could
Old 08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

Hondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud ofHondasi88 has much to be proud of

thanks i will in the morn!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire
Re: Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

Originally Posted by Hondasi88
Well i tried a local shop here in MD without luck but here's the deal. I have a MAJOR exhaust leak because one of my turbo/manifold threads needs to be re-threaded. So instead of 4 bolts holding the turbo to manifold i only have 3. Also in a steriod rage making sure everything was tight.... i broke one of my oil return line bolts so its stuck in the damn turbo.

I have the worst luck!!!!! Anyway is there someone local that could extract the busted bolt and rethread both holes?
This is about 3 hrs of work and maybe 30-50 bucks work of stuff needed to fix this. If you have any mech knowledge you can do this yourself and save yourself like 150.00 bill.

tools needed:
wrench for turbo bolts and Down pipe, I.C.
Heli coils (take bolt for reference)
Drill
**Don't work on your own turbo

The instructions are simple....
- remove turbo, manifold, I.C to turbo, down pipe, turbo lines.
- simply drill (Generally supplied with kit) the hole as per heli coil instructions.
- Do not make it deeper than factory drilled holes.
- Tap the hole according to instructions (supplied with heli-coil kit)
- Clean hole or holes
- insert heli coil as per instructions
- insert bolt or bolts
- reassemble.

**Note: These instructions are not entirly complete and DO NOT do this with zero automotive skills. Most import and domest automotive heads have zero tollerance for mistakes. Most mistakes results in purchase of a BRAND new head. You should have prior drill and bite expirence before attempting this on your own. DragVA or the poster of the message do not take responsibility for any mistakes made on your own. This is used simply as a rough idea of what needs to be done. Depending on amount of damage. The head may be rejected for repairs depending on machine shop. Most machine shops will not give you an estimate without having the head off the car. All turbo's should never be near or around metal shavings and should be plugged for turbo life and safety. All plugs should be removed before installing turbo.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Also there is a good machine shop in hagerstown as well. But most likely you'll need to take them the head. Most machine shops tend to blow off customers when it's still attached to the vehicle.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

I have the turbo off i just wanna drop it off and pick it up later!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Mad Scientist

Thumbs up Re: Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

Originally Posted by Hondasi88
I have the turbo off i just wanna drop it off and pick it up later!
The one in haggers town did good by me.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:23 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

whiteys automotive in chantilly, next to redshift
Old 08-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Mad Scientist

Post Re: Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?

Originally Posted by EEK
whiteys automotive in chantilly, next to redshift
LoL, he said MD, I figured I'd recommend shops maybe closer to him in MD. I think there is one by Extreme and Alted but not sure...call them and see.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

yellow pages?

Quick Reply: Is there a machine shop in the area that could do this?