Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Trust & Honesty

Old 08-06-2007, 06:20 AM
the director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ninjapleazee has disabled reputation
Default Trust & Honesty

So I bought a car from a "well experienced" technician on this board.. being a seasoned tuner I figured minor problems are not a big deal to me and I can repair it.. basically it was promised to me that these parts were cheap to repair and replace.....so I proceeded to buy it.

This is after numerous phone calls, text and PM's.

Problems mentioned in AD:

1. Sunroof not working, it was sealed and fix by professional windshield installer

Problems told I checked out car:

2. Door lock not working .. his reason *when autoshop painted the car, paint got into the lock cylinder causing corrosion. he also claimed he removed door panels and examined it.

Problems discovered after money was transfered (on my way driving home)

3. gas gauge broken his explanation (replace with cheap sensor underneath the seat)
4. NO A/C his explanation (A/C needed retrofit kit from R13 to R134A and recharge)
5. CD player skips his explanation (Aiwa has some sensor that turns off CD player when it gets too hot to prevent overheating)
6. No power door locks

Cost and Actual Faults of Car:

1. The sunroof was gutted, everything was taken out.. motor, tracks, wiring. The "professional" used 3M tape and taped the glass on top. Therefore when its hot out, the sticky residue will melt.. causing the tape to come off and the sunroof to leak. There was no silicon, no nothing to prevent leak. I had to buy sealant silicone to reseal it.

Repair: I'm holding on for a future project to the roof.

2. For some reason, the ignition and door keys were separate and the keys he gave me didnt work for the door.

Repair: I had to replace all door cylinders and trunk cylinders. It was NOT because of corrosion. I wish he had told me the truth, so I can go to Acura and get new keys cut. But I was not sure if door was original door or not.
Cost: 1 dollar to get into junkyard and take cylinders off another car

3. Gas gauge sensor needed to be replace
Cost: 150

4. A/C after buying a retrofit kit and discovering I didnt need it. I took it to shop to discover one of the A/C lines were snapped in half.

Cost:
Retro kit 35
AC Recharge 100
AC repair 100
New lines 70

5. CD skips.. bad wiring.. wasnt anything about the sensor or whatever BS.. it was just bad wiring. I removed all panels and rewired it.

6. No Power door locks... Bad motor I have to replace.

Reason for this thread:

I know ya'll are thinking, yeah i should have investigated more before buying and bla bla, but I generally trust people for their words, and him being a fellow tuner I'd figure he has more experience. These problems have been fixed or will be fix and its not a BIG deal to me, but I just wish people would be more honest. If ya fucked up.. then admit it. If you dont know whats wrong with the car then just let a brotha know. Luckily I've been working on cars since 1994 and know a few bit about cars, but if this was to fall onto some rookie kid, I'd feel horrible. Just be straight up about things man.. thats all I'm saying... yes this threads for you to read.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 AM
|OoOo|oOoO|

atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays atifsays
Default Re: Trust & Honesty

whooosaaaa
Old 08-06-2007, 07:40 AM
JB-AP1 (Johnny)

red si 99 has disabled reputation

That is so true because honestly i think i trust people on this thread to much because i believe this as a community that wont screw you but, everyone will F*** you sideways when they get a chance.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM

TONYANJAII TONYANJAII TONYANJAII

I have always been hesitant to buy anything like a car via off the forums or from a fellow tuner as you call it. Things tend to be sugar coated to push the sale. I think its in human nature to not point out the flaws, but to bend around it and make it sound better or "not a big deal" kind of thing. Sorry about your bad experience.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM

I have always been hesitant to buy anything like a car via off the forums or from a fellow tuner as you call it. Things tend to be sugar coated to push the sale. I think its in human nature to not point out the flaws, but to bend around it and make it sound better or "not a big deal" kind of thing. Sorry about your bad experience.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 AM